As we all know, gaming does not only depend on what console you use or what game you are about to play. Gaming is an all for all visual experience, so in order to reach the highest pinnacle in your trial you need to own a well-built device that will deliver your game graphics justly. In this case, we’ll be looking at our best monitor for Xbox One X picks.
The gaming monitor market is constantly changing. Time after time you hear of new types of monitors like 4K display or UHD, and you wonder what would be the best for gaming and which suits you more than others.
Since not everything is just about the price, LaptopUnboxed has brought for you the best 4k monitors for Xbox One X to look through and see which one might meet your needs. Also at the end of this review, we will note down a mini buyer’s guide for you to know what are the most important components that make a gaming monitor the best.
The Best 4K Monitors for Xbox One X
- LG 27UD58-B – 4K IPS Monitor for Xbox One X
- LG 27UK650-W – Superb 4K HDR Monitor for Xbox One X
- LG 27UD68 – Affordable 4K Gaming Monitor for Xbox One X
- BenQ EL2870U – Best 1ms Gaming Monitor for Xbox One X
- Samsung UE590D – Excellent 4k Display for Xbox One X
- ViewSonic XG3220 – 4K FreeSync Monitor for Xbox One X
- Dell UP2718Q – Best 4k HDR Monitor For Xbox One X
1. LG 27UD58-B – 4K IPS Monitor for Xbox One X
- 24 Inches 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS monitor. Brightness is 250 cd/m2
- FreeSync. Power Input : 100 240 Voltac, 50/60Hz.OS Compatibility Windows 10
- On screen control with screen split 2.0. Dimension Without Stand (WxHxD) 55.372 centimeter (21.8) x 6.09 centimeter (2.4) x 33.27 centimeter (13.1). With Stand (WxHxD) 55.372 centimeter (21.8) x 20.32 centimeter (8.0) x 42.16 centimeter (16.6)
- Game mode & black stabilizer
- HDMI 2.0 (x2) and DisplayPort
This LG beauty is one of the top 27-inch screens that lead the way in 4K technology. It features an Ultra High Definition (UHD) In Plane Switching (IPS) panel, and above all an AMD’s FreeSync card to deliver marvellous colors.
The monitor serves the traditional classic design with its modest matte black finish which helps in clearing any reflection issues.
The monitor is also supported by a curved stand which adjusts the height and tilt settings to your preference.
At 4K resolution like this, you will obtain a smooth gaming experience thanks to its Dynamic Action Sync feature. This will help reduce any input lag during game time, helped also by its 5ms response time speed so you will see hardly any ghosting or image blurring.
Combine this with the vivid colors acknowledgment of its IPS panel for high image quality.
When you install the On Screen Control software; it will help you adjust more settings from a desktop application such as the screen splitting feature which comes in handy with multiplayer games.
Also, if you play more than one game and you need different display settings for each one, you can pre-calibrate picture presets which will help you in simply choosing an already done preset according to the game you play.
In addition, having a Black Stabilizer feature raises the visibility for dark scenes.
Regarding connectivity settings, the LG 27UD58-B is graced with a couple of inputs and outputs that could be found at the rear of the cabinet: two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort. Sadly, it lacks any USB ports.
- Strong gaming performance.
- AMD Freesync.
- Superb visuals quality.
- A built-in Game Mode.
- Lack of USB ports.
- No built-in speakers.
- Not the highest screen brightness.
All in all, the LG 27UD58-B delivers superb gaming performance with its vibrant colors, high performance, and comprehensive detailed image quality.
2. LG 27UK650-W – Superb 4K HDR Monitor for Xbox One X
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) 27 inch IPS Display
- HDR10 compatible; Viewing Angle 178/178 (CR≥10) (Typ)
- SRGB 99 percent Color Gamut
- AMD FreeSync technology
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
The LG 27UK650-W is one of LG’s new lines of 4K HDR displays. It comes with incredible gaming oriented features that would make any gamer swoon, along with its beautiful and virtually-borderless display.
The LG 27UK650-W is a 27-inch display that holds a luxurious appeal. The LG module features an ArcLine stand that is quite versatile and very flexible; that smooth curve of the base provides stability, assuring dependable performance with a touch of elegance in the mix. You will be able to adjust the stand’s height, tilt it forward or backwards, swivel, and even pivot it.
LG has attained in giving the 27UK650-W a suitable set of connectivity options that include: one DisplayPort 1.2, two HDMI 2.0 ports (which support HDR and HDCP 2.2), one USB-C, and lastly, a 3.5mm audio jack.
Regarding the display’s performance, the 27UK650-W boasts a 3840 x 2160 4K resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, in addition to a 60Hz refresh rate, and a 5ms response time speed.
Combined with its HDR10 compatibility, AMD FreeSync support, and Dynamic Action Sync (DAS), all this results in a smooth, ghost reduced image quality. A low input lag mode also reduces latency for a very responsive gaming monitor.
Yet, there are more premium features in the 27UK650-W too. Since it has a large display, you will be able to split the screen into two separate windows so that you are eligible to get things done at the same time.
Another perk in this LG module is the “On-Screen Control” which puts a host of essential monitor settings into a handy window for quick and easy access.
You can adjust the settings with just a few clicks of the mouse such as the volume, brightness, picture mode presets, Screen Split 2.0, Dual Controller and more.
- Low lag input.
- AMD FreeSync support.
- Excellent color production and gamut.
- Advanced gaming features (Black Stabilizer – Dynamic Action Sync).
- Affordable price.
- Average body quality.
- Low response time.
- Lack of USB inputs.
All in all, the LG 27UK650-W is a great 4K HDR compliant LCD monitor that is packed with great gaming features like the Black Stabilizer that helps reveal superior details in dark scenes. It is a favorite for gamers because it works with both Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.
Read More: Best 4k Monitor for PS4 Pro
3. LG 27UD68 – Affordable 4K Gaming Monitor for Xbox One X
- 4K UHD Resolution (3840 x 2160) IPS Display
- sRGB over 99%
- On-screen control with screen Split
The LG 27UD68 is one of the best 4K monitors for Xbox One X thanks to it delivering stunning image quality and superb gaming performance. It is one of the top gaming monitors in the league, being one of the best monitors for PS4 Pro too if you have both consoles!
The 27-inch widescreen display features an ultra thin bezel that helps in making the picture pop out to the gamer. It also features even color proportion and detailed image quality; it has an Ultra High Definition (UHD) resolution making it way better and sharper than an HD monitor.
Furthermore, the monitor features an optical coating that helps to preserve the user’s eyes during long gaming hours, and mainly reduce eye fatigue.
With such display comes the split screening perk; you have the ability to make 2 or 4 window screens to be shown in 8 different screen ratios on the display without feeling cluttered.
The IPS panel helps with better viewing of the wide viewing angles with the chance of less tearing. The 5ms eliminates the chances of image ghosting and blurring, and so offers a better gaming experience.
The connectivity inputs and outputs include two HDMI ports, one DisplayPort, Dual Controller feature with an additional 3.55mm audio input jack.
- Screen Split 2.0.
- AMD FreeSync.
- Brilliant color display.
- Affordable price.
- Non adjustable monitor base.
- No built-in speakers.
In conclusion, the LG 27UD68 is quite the 4K gaming monitor for Xbox One X; with splendid graphics and game performance, why would anyone ask for more? It is certainly a catch to have with this reasonable price.
4. BenQ EL2870U – Best 1ms Gaming Monitor for Xbox One X
- High resolution 4K monitor: 28-inch LCD TN 3840x2160 resolution
- Eye Care comfort for extended sessions: Proprietary brightness Intelligence Adaptive technology adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing; low Blue light and zero flicker technology prevent headaches and eye strain. This eye Tech makes images easy On your eyes
- Smooth game play: AMD Free Sync for smooth game play, eliminating tearing and broken frames; HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast level for vivid images; 1 mms GTG; 60Hz; 10-bit displays 1. 07 billion colors
- Get connected: HDMI, DisplayPort input for multi-device connection. VESA wall mount
- Hear the action: built-in speakers x 2, Headphone jack
Coming in at 28 inches, this screen has definitely set a name for itself in the gaming monitors market, digging its way into the affordable UHD monitor bracket.
The color accuracy is good, carving the way up for all the 4K screens out there with its supreme sharpness and vivid display.
The 4K super-resolution screen will deliver crystal clear images, whilst the 1ms response time will give you lag-free gameplay – you’ll never miss a chance to shoot an enemy once equipped with this screen.
Alongside being the best 1ms Xbox One X monitor, the BenQ also features B.I.+ technology. This is BenQ’s proprietary technology which auto-adjusts the brightness and color to its surroundings – think Apple’s TrueTone.
When it comes to connectivity, your options won’t be limited by this affordable monitor. It has HDMS, DisplayPort, and headphone jacks. You can mount is using its VESA mount, and it has a built-in cable management system – no need to worry about messy cables.
One downside to this monitor is that it has limited flexibility; you cannot move the screen to as many different angles as compared to other monitors on this list.
- 1ms response time.
- FreeSync compatible through DisplayPort 1.2.
- Very affordable.
- 60hz could be faster.
- limited flexibility with the monitor.
We recommend this for all gamers who want to own one of the best 4k monitors for Xbox One X.
5. Samsung UE590D – Excellent 4k Display for Xbox One X
- With stunning Ultra HD picture quality, PC viewing, gaming and more come alive with incredible lifelike detail
- AMD FreeSync and 1ms response time minimizes input latency and dramatically reduces image tearing and stutter during gaming
- An incredible 1 billion colors delivers detailed, natural looking, and extremely realistic images; Connect multiple Ultra HD devices, like PCs and gaming consoles via two HDMI 2.0 inputs as well as one Display Port input
- Watch your favorite movie or video in one window while simultaneously working on a spreadsheet with Picture in Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology
- Pixel pitch is 0.006 horizontal x 0.006 vertical in inches; Minimum brightness is 310 cd per m2; Tilting the product excessively may cause it to fall and result in personal injury; Vesa mounting interface for use with specialty arm mounting hardware is 3 x 3 inches
In the beginning of the 4K monitor field, it was hard to find a monitor with a reasonable price. However, since prices are dropping yet the specifications are getting better, the 4K world started evolving more and more; and so introducing the UE590D.
It is graced with the traditional Samsung look, however, everything about it will swoon you away.
The thick bezel screen has a four-way joystick which you can use to navigate the OSD and toggle up/down the settings to your liking.
This monitor comes in two sizes (either 24 or 28 inches). For gaming purposes we recommend the 28-inch size; it will be more appropriate to take advantage of the product’s 4K viewing, TN panel and along with a 60Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time; you will not notice any severe input lag or image tearing.
With a resolution that is four times higher than a Full HD would provide, you will enjoy a wide range of color with the UHD system, in which we recommend for photo editing enthusiasts and video editors.
The available connection options are two HDMI 2.0 ports and a DisplayPort 1.2 plus a 3.5mm audio jack. This might be limited to some users so we recommend using extra external adapters.
- Stylish T-shaped design.
- Firm image quality.
- AMD FreeSync technology.
- Excellent color gamut ranges
- Lacking USB ports.
- No stand multi-usage.
Final verdict, the Samsung U28D590D comes in at a very reasonable price for all the above specifications, making it one of the top 4K monitors for Xbox One X. It delivers a solid performance and a brilliant color accuracy.
6. ViewSonic XG3220 – 4K FreeSync Monitor for Xbox One X
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: 4K UHD resolution, ultra-fast response times, and amazing refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- IN IT TO WIN IT: A fully adjustable ergonomic stand and blue light filter delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- SHARP VISUALS: HDR10 content support delivers a high dynamic range of vivid color and contrast for incredible screen performance
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The XG3220 supports laptops, PCs, Macs, PS4, Xbox One, and more with HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB inputs
The ViewSonic XG3220 has wowed all the 4K display screen fans with its speed and huge features; 60hz refresh rate, AMD FreeSync, gorgeous picture quality, and its bold red design.
This monitor can definitely distract your eyes with its wideness, and the deep bezel that prevents unwanted light.
The monitor is reasonably practical with a sturdy stand that easily rotates, tilts, and adjusts the height of the screen in addition to a carry handle located on the side – in case you want to move it between offices, maybe.
The ViewSonic has enough input and output ports to furnish your gaming and entertainment needs; it features DisplayPort and two HDMI connections. In addition are four USB 3 ports, and an audio jack for headphones.
The standout feature of this 4K Xbox One X monitor is that it includes AMD FreeSync which helps prevent any tearing or ghosting images from occurring during the game. The monitor is incredibly easy to adjust to your personal viewing preference.
- Excellent image quality.
- AMD FreeSync.
- Easy setup, and fast performance delivery.
- Not the brightest display screen.
- FreeSync can be inconsistent.
- Refresh rate is 60hz.
In general, the ViewSonic XG3220 has raised the bar for all the gaming enthusiasts who live for 4K displays; with excellent image quality and a decent refresh rate of 60hz for a reasonable price.
If you’re looking for something with a faster refresh rate, or something cheaper, then check out these:
7. Dell UP2718Q – Best 4k HDR Monitor For Xbox One X
- Exceptional details, ultimate efficiency — a 27” 4K screen with incredibly thin bezels — ideal for multiple monitor setup
- Hone in on every task with a multi-monitor setup and experience a virtually seamless view thanks to ultrathin bezels
- Dell HDR combines greater depth of colors, remarkable clarity and a high contrast range of shades to create strikingly realistic images. Colour Support:1.07 billion colours
- Connect up to six compatible RF devices or Bluetooth 4.0 through Dell Universal Pairing. Dell Display Manager Compatibility. Operating system supported-Windows 10, 8.1. 7. Tackle multiple tasks at once and stay organized thanks to Easy Arrange, a feature that lets you tile and view applications side by side
- Brightness 350 cd/m².Pixel Pitch:0.1554 mm x 0.1554 mm
Gaming monitors with High Dynamic Range (HDR) are the new cool thing; they carry sufficient picture quality and a decent accuracy level with a wide native dynamic range.
And in result, it produces a brighter gaming experience for you.
This 27-inch 4K resolution screen is blessed with incredibly thin bezels, making it more possibly ideal for multiple monitor setup.
The monitor is graced with a professional look more than elegant or stylish but it delivers high-end performance.
It has an ergonomic stand that you can swivel, tilt or pivot to how you want your view to be, and with the cable-tidy hole on the upright of the slender, it makes your desk look clean and ready for a gaming session.
With IPS panel technology, a 60Hz refresh rate, and a 6ms response time; this monitor has the ability to provide vibrant and extra colorful colors making all the gamers happy, but with this response time, we can only count this Dell monitor for just casual, after work gaming, nothing too graphical.
Perhaps the most noticeable new feature found in the Dell UP2718Q is its Easy Arrange feature; you will be able to tackle multiple tasks at once and stay organized by tilting and viewing applications side by side which is excellent for the always busy people who need to get things done quickly or for all the multi-taskers out there.
As for the available connection ports, these are the ones included: a DisplayPort 1.4, a Mini DP 1.4, two HDMI 2.0a slots, along with a six USB 3.0 ports.
- Wide color range.
- Brilliant image quality.
- Professional design look.
- Not the fastest pixel response time.
In conclusion, the Dell UP2718Q is, by all means, one of the best 4K HDR monitors for Xbox One X when it comes to its color accuracy and detailed image quality, and with its HDR content system; it will definitely catch your eyes.
How To Choose A Monitor for Xbox One X 4K Console?
Now after we have listed above all the 4K & HDR gaming monitors for XBX1 and all their prominent features, now your choice is the only thing missing but before you decide, let us tell you the important specifications to look for while buying a new monitor for your gaming life.
G-Sync vs. FreeSync, What’s the Difference?
Resolution: it is the display’s pixel resolution measured, they indicate the level of image sharpness and details on the display.
Screen Size: the popular sizes among the market start from 23-inch to 30-inch; each size supports a different resolution: 24 and 25 inches support 1080p, 27-inch supports 1440p, and finally, the 28 and 30 inches support the 4K resolution.
Number of Screens: If you require even more space then two screens may be required, preferably edgeless monitors so the graphics seamlessly move into each other. To do this properly, you may also need an adjustable height dual monitor stand so that you can place both of the screens next to each other at the best angle.
Response Time: it is how quickly it takes a pixel to change from black to white or from one shade of grey to another, it induces the screen’s accuracy level, and the clarity’s efficiency.
Refresh Rate: it is measured in Hertz (Hz), and it demonstrates how many times the monitor can refresh or redraw the entire screen displayed image per second. For a highly competitive Xbox title such as PUBG, the refresh rate is very important as it can give the player a big advantage (see: best monitors for PUBG).
Connectivity: they are the inputs and output ports you can insert in such as: DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, USB, and audio jacks. The more the ports are available the better.