In the gaming equipment, any adaptive refresh comes in two flavors, either AMD FreeSync or Nvidia G-Sync.
G-Sync monitors deliver the smoothest, sharpest, and most intense gameplay, and that is why it is more expensive than the AMD.
However, as AMD has its perks, the G-Sync is a game changing technology; it is truly a revolution in the video processing procedure when it comes to fast frame rates, it transmits smooth and tear free immersion.
G-Sync monitors can dynamically match the refresh rate of the display to the frame rate of the GPU as it can always operate from 30Hz up to the monitor’s maximum.
It is a trusty adaptive as you can count on refresh rates of up to 240 Hz and the lowest latency for ultra responsive gaming.
In this article, we will list down the top picks for cheap G-Sync monitors; whether you want a budget G-Sync monitor or a good 144Hz or 240 Hz G-Sync monitor, you have come to the right place.
When you reach the end of the article, you will find some final thoughts along with why to pick G-Sync.
1. Acer Predator XB241H – Best Cheap G-Sync Monitor
- 24 inch full HD widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution. Swivel angle 30 degree
- Panel technology: Twisted Nematic Film (TN) Technology
- Response Time: 1ms, Pixel Pitch: 0.276 millimeter. Flicker less technology reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods
- Signal Inputs: 1 x HDMI & 1 x Display Port (v1.2)
- 144Hz refresh rate (overclocking to 180Hz); Maximum adjustable eight :5.91 inches
The Predator XB241H is one of Acer’s high performing G-Sync monitors with incredible free tearing gaming performance, a rapid graphics card, and a 144hz refresh rate; the XB241H is a choice that will not let you down.
The XB241H has the exterior appearance of any gaming monitor however it has a quite sleek design with a blazing matte finish. The 24 inch display is very ergonomic, you can tilt it from -5°- 35°, vertically adjust it up to 5 inches, and rotate the display up to 90°.
Acer did not provide many choices for connectivity ports, all you will be offered is one HDMI port and another one for DisplayPort, and in addition to a port for a 2.5mm headphone jack.
Regarding the display’s performance, it surely does not disappoint; the G-Sync monitor features a refresh rate that starts at 144hz and can overlock at 180 hz combine that with a 1ms response rate speed and you will be given a splendid vibrant display. In fact, it’s one of the best cheap 144hz monitors out there.
And with the G-Sync in the monitor, you can count on an even more smoothed vivid image quality with no tearings or ghosting despite having an Twisted Nematic Film (TN) technology panel which is known for moderate color performance.
The Predator is graced with an EyeProtect flicker-less technology which helps ensure the safety of the user’s eyes, the XB241H is perfect for those who play for long periods of time and can easily restrain their eyes in the process.
- Attractive gaming monitor design
- Good contrast (for a TN panel)
- Blazing refresh rate.
- Nvidia G-Sync support.
- Fully ergonomic display.
- Limited connectivity and no USB ports.
- Tacky colour accuracy.
All in all, the Predator XB241H is your go to choice if you are in the search for a friendly budget G-Sync monitor, with its overall splendid performance shown that implicates a very fast refresh rate as well as a speedy 1ms response time.
2. Dell S2716DGR – Cheap G-Sync Gaming Monitor
- Built in Devices: USB 3.0 hub
- Aspect Ratio : Widescreen : 16:9
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Input Connectors: HDMI, Display Port
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 Volt (50/60 Hertz)
The S2716DGR is one of Dell’s recently produced gaming monitors which has definitely made a name for itself in the market especially for its being a cheap 144hz G-Sync monitor that has a 1ms response time.
This G-Sync monitor is adorned with a defined ultra-thin bezel design, although the overall appearance might appear very simple and not so eye catching as it is painted in black from head to toe.
The control panel buttons can be found underneath the bottom bezel on the right side; the monitor itself is very adjustable, it can pivot 90 degrees in either direction, the height can be adjusted up to 130mm, it can swivel 45 degrees left or right, and can tilt up to 5 degrees forward and 21 degrees back.
Connectivity options are a bit limited as the monitor only offers a DisplayPort and an HDMI input along with a USB upstream port for the built-in USB hub which supports fast charging, and lastly, a headphone out jack.
The S2716DG has a TN panel, a 1ms response time, in addition to a regular 144Hz refresh rate and G-Sync anti-tearing technology, all this calls it to be a leading choice for the best 1440p 144hz gaming monitor.
The Dell’s screen image quality has some mixed results; a couple of colors tend to appear a little oversaturated due to the low gamma, also the black levels are not that great as well. But at 2560 x 1440 resolution, this gaming monitor and its G-Sync can handle any frame rates making the gaming experience more worthy as it causes no tearing whatsoever.
- Very adjustable stand.
- Speedy refresh rate.
- Lush image quality.
- Very low input lag.
- Responsive and rapid.
- Poor black and contrast performance.
- Inaccurate gamma.
- A bit expensive.
The Dell S2716DG is without a doubt a unique, responsive and one of the cheapest G-Sync monitors that offer a nice gaming feature set along with an exceptional pixel responsiveness performance in addition to its very low response time that helps make your gaming last for more than usual.
3. AOC Agon AG271UG – Cheapest 4K G-Sync Monitor
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories.
- With AOC’s AG271UG, you can enjoy Ultra HD at an astounding 3840 x 2160 resolution. With Ultra HD, you get four times the resolution of Full HD; essentially you can fit four Full HD videos on the screen at the same time. An Ultra HD on a 27-inch widescreen allows you to view greater detail with more spacing, in crisp and vivid visuals. Whether gaming, editing photos, videos, or watching movies, AG271UG gives you clarity with quality on a widescreen.
- IPS panels give 178/178 degree viewing angles while maintaining consistent image quality and colors from all viewing positions. IPS panels have true 8-bit color depth that results in incredible color accuracy. The screen itself has a matte anti-glare coating that won't leave fingerprints or smudges. IPS is perfect for graphic designing, video editing, photo retouching, among others. You can also view your spreadsheets or weekend movies from virtually any angle without compromising color uniformi
- AG271UG features Display Port 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 connections, with additional 4 USB 3.0 (1 x fast-charging port). For your audio needs, this monitor comes with two 2-watt speakers and an audio line-in/headphone out. Enjoy fast-moving action and dramatic transitions without the annoying effects of ghosting, thanks to the smooth rendering. For gamers, it is important to have the best visibility especially for the dark areas on screen.
- For gamers, it is important to have the best visibility especially for the dark areas on screen. With AOC’s Shadow Control, gamers can dial-in shadow levels in the On-Screen Display menu to increase contrast for better dark areas without affecting the rest of the screen. AG241QG offers 3 levels to adjust the dark portions.
The AOC Agon AG271UG is a superb 4K panel owning G-Sync gaming display that features a high-end technology which has all gamers talk especially its In Plane Switching (IPS) panel and we must say that exceeds all expectations.
The 27 inches 4K display has pretty simple yet chic design appearance with a featured versatile and flexible metallic stand that allows you to adjust the monitor freely with a bunch of adjustments like tilt, twist, and swivelling movements in addition to height settlement.
AOC offers a suitable set of connection options that include: one DisplayPort 1.2, one HDMI 1.4, four USB 3.0, as well as a 3.5mm audio and mic jacks.
As mentioned earlier, the AGON is packed with an IPS technology combine that with a 4K display and drop the G-Sync and HDR with it and in result you get an outstanding gaming display; you are simply presented with a splendid image modality that assures you clarity and quality, .
The Agon AG271UG has a 60Hz refresh rate, and 4ms response time which perhaps might not be a lot but considering it is a 4K display combined with G-Sync then have no worries, the image will run smoothly without any stutters during its performance in addition to having a good response time.
- Chic design.
- Responsive 4K resolution.
- Decent image quality.
- G-Sync support.
- Good connectivity options.
- Colour balance slightly off.
- Refresh rate limited to 60Hz.
Final words, the Agon AG271UG offers a great quality for a 4K panel, it is one of the cheapest G-Sync monitors that is excellent for gaming which ensures you a great gaming experience.
4. Acer Predator XB281HK – Budget 4K G-Sync Monitor
- 28" UHD (3840 x 2160) Widescreen with NVIDIA G SYNC Technology; Interfaces/Ports: Inputs: DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 3.0
- Response Time: 1ms
- Pixel Pitch: 0.16 millimeter. Flicker less technology reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods
- Signal Inputs: 1 x Display Port 1.2 & 1 x HDMI 1.4
- Mounting type: VESA Mount Standard 4 x 4 inches
Acer has produced a new line for 4K panels and the Predator XB281HK is already setting the bar in the market with its excellent performance and great features combined as well as being a cheap G-Sync gaming monitor.
The XB271HK is blessed with a sleek physical appearance that is quite hard to miss thanks to its elegant all black finish and striking red stand feet; the stand itself is very flexible and ergonomic, you can tilt, swivel and adjust the height as well as rotate which you can turn the display into a portrait mode.
Acer provides a decent amount of connectivity inputs and outputs which are: one HDMI port, one Displayport v1.2, also four USB 3.0 out, and lastly, a 3.5mm audio jack.
Predator XB281HK might have a 4ms response time speed but once you see its color accuracy and awesome viewing angles, you will be all set up.
4K displays also have a standard 60Hz of refresh rate which perhaps is low but it gets the job done and will more once you activate its Nvidia G-Sync support.
The Predator XB281HK has a TN panel technology that unlike other monitors, it has a decent color reproduction quality that make you very amazed once you check it from different viewing angles. Also, the XB281HK includes 3 gaming presets: bright color, warm colors, and light blue, which are easy to change from or to.
As for gaming performance, the XB281HK will impress you first sight thanks to its G-Sync adaptive refresh rate so even if it sinks to 35Hz, your game will run smoothly without any tears or ghosting images in the process.
- Strong body design.
- Ergonomic stand.
- 4K display.
- Nvidia G-Sync technology.
- Moderate color reproduction.
- TN technology was not the right call.
The Predator XB281HK set forth a good value for a cheap G-Sync gaming monitor, you are offered a powerful Nvidia’s G-sync technology, a strong and well-designed built as well as a decent color reproduction.
5. Acer Predator XB252Q – Cheap 240Hz G-Sync Monitor
- 24.5" full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen with NVIDIA G SYNC technology
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz using display port
- Response Time: 1ms. Flicker less technology reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods
- Pixel pitch: 0.283 millimeter
- Signal inputs: 1 x Display Port 1.2 & 1 x HDMI
The Predator XB252Q is one of Acer’s cheapest G-Sync monitors with a view to gaming supremacy along with supreme features that result in delivering a brilliant overall performance, all this in just a 25 inches display.
The Acer XB252Q is adorned with a thick yet clean full matte black scheme, it serves the elegant look very well, the monitor has a versatile stand with ergonomics that allows height, swivel, pivot, and tilt adjustments.
Acer has given this model a great variety of connectivity inputs and outputs that include: one DisplayPort 1.2, one HDMI 1.4, with five USB 3.0 outs, and finally, a 3.5mm audio jack.
The Acer XB252Q boasts a TN panel technology as well as a refresh rate of 240Hz, and 1ms response time speed, all this leads to a great color reproduction in addition to premium image quality, blend it all with the G-Sync support and you will be ensured a more smooth and free tearing visuals.
The XB252Q features a fast lag input that comes at 6.5ms, making this model more powerful in addition to being very responsive, not to mention that the Acer product has a reasonable price tag as it is one of the best 240Hz G-Sync monitors in the market.
- 240Hz refresh rate speed.
- ULMB at 144Hz.
- G-Sync support.
- Robust build quality.
- Low contrast.
- TN panel technology.
Final verdict, if you are a gamer that seeks fast frame rates and high-tech gaming features, then the Acer Predator XB252Q is your ultimate choice due to its ghost free image and strong gaming performance.
6. AOC Agon AG352UCG – Cheap G-Sync Ultrawide Monitor
AOC’s ultrawide cheap G-Sync gaming monitor has entered the market by a storm with its premium all in all qualities and performance, it surely has set new bars for all gamers worldwide.
Coming in at 35 inches, the AOC Agon AG352UCG is a beastly monitor that certainly will dominate your workspace, it has a very adjustable stand that allows you to tilt, swivel and change the height to make the screen comfortable to use and will enhance your gaming experience.
For connectivity, AOC has provided great options such as: one DisplayPort 1.2, one HDMI 1.4, plus three USB 3.0 outs, and finally, a 3.5mm audio jack.
The AOC Agon AG352UCG sports unique features on its own such as a VA panel, 100Hz refresh rate, and 4ms response time. Whilst, delivering an excellent color reproduction thanks to its brilliant grayscale and high contrast ratio as well as having a premium gamut coverage, all this calls for a better visual gaming experience.
On top of the previous features, the AOC Agon AG352UCG is a very responsive monitor due to its low input lag of 7ms so you can be assured of no delays whatsoever occuring mid screen transitions.
- High contrast and color gamut.
- An ultra 3440×1440 wide resolution (see best 1440p 144Hz monitors for more).
- Out-of-box color accuracy.
- G-Sync feature.
- Sturdy build quality.
- Size not suitable for everyone.
- Only 100Hz refresh rate.
Final thoughts, the AOC Agon AG352UCG is an excellent gaming monitor, one of the cheapest G-Sync monitors combined with premium gaming oriented features that are hard to resist.
Thoughts on Budget G-Sync Monitors:
G-Sync are not the most reasonably priced feature in a monitor as the price range of G-Sync monitors vary from $200 up to $350 and that is the range of the cheap G-Sync monitors in the market, of course you can pay higher for more advanced features.
We must say from previous experience and a lot of research, the term “cheap” does not follow G-Sync in the slightest means, if we take a look at a 144Hz average monitor that does not support G-Sync, it will averagely cost about $250.
However, we have picked above the best friendly budget G-Sync monitors in the market that are easy to get so you can spend the least yet still get decent quality and performance.
G-Sync is totally worth every buck as it provides an incredible visual experience, it will eliminate screen tearing by synchronizing your GPU and monitor’s frame rates together.