Gaming graphics nowadays demand high frame rates and fast response time, and since gaming is based on having the best visual equipment, finding the best 1440p 144Hz monitor could be quite the hassle.
- ASUS ROG PG278QR – The Best 1440p 144Hz monitor
- BenQ XL2730 – Best 1440p 144Hz Freesync Monitor
- ASUS MG278Q – Best 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- Acer XB241YU – Best 1440p 144Hz G-sync Monitor
- Acer XB270HU – Best 1440p 144Hz IPS Monitor
- Acer XB271HU – Best IPS 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- AOC AG271QX – Great 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- ASUS MG279Q – Best Freesync 1440p 144Hz Monitor
- ASUS PG279Q – Great 27-Inch IPS G-Sync Monitor
- ASUS PG27VQ – Great 1440p 144Hz G-Sync Monitor
- Dell S2716DGR – Good 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- ViewSonic XG2703-GS – Great IPS Gaming Monitor with G-Sync
The gaming market is filled with a lot of monitors. If you can not afford to own a 4K luxurious monitor and you are in need to update from your basic 1080p monitor, then the 1440p monitor with 144Hz refresh rate is your meddling answer. It will give you an improved 1440 resolution but with the same fast refresh rate.
In this article, we will present you with our top choices for the 1440p 144Hz monitors, each product will have its pioneer feature; could be either rapid refresh rate, owning a FreeSync or G-Sync, or obtaining an IPS panel technology.
By the end of the article, you will know all the general advantages and disadvantages of each monitor, and also, you will find a buyer’s guide at the end which will aid you to pick a good 144Hz 1440p monitor for you.
1. ASUS ROG PG278QR – The Best 1440p 144Hz monitor
- 27 inches 16:9 2560 x 1440, 75Hz with 1ms fast response time deliver smooth, enhanced detail
- ASUS Eye care technology with TUV certified Flicker free and Blue Light Filter for less Eye fatigue; Ergonomically designed stand with Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Height adjustment plus wall mount capability for comfortable viewing position
- Signal frequency analog signal frequency : 24~83 KHz(H)/ 50~75 Hz(Volt); Extensive connectivity with native WQHD content support with HDMI, Display Port, and Dual link DVI
- Compliance and Standards BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 0, CU, ErP, FCC, ISO 9241 307, J MOSS, PSB, PSE, RoHS, TCO6.0, UL/cUL, VCCI, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8), RCM, TUV Flicker free , TUV Low Blue Light, Vietnam MEPS, Australia MEPS
- Picture in picture and Picture by picture for enhanced productivity; Smart cable management; VESA Wall Mounting : 3.9x3.9 inches
This Asus monitor is one of the best 1440p 144Hz high-end gaming rig machines in the market; thanks to its functionality and the strong performance it delivers.
The Asus PG278QR comes in just a 27 Inch size, with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, a premium overlocked 165Hz refresh rate, a rapid 1ms response time, a Nvidia G-Sync technology and a 1000:1 contrast ratio, this monitor holds some of the most demanded features needed in a good 1440p 144Hz monitor.
The PG278QR physical appearance may be similar to its predecessors but it is graced with a few updates; coming in an elegant matte graphite black finish and 6mm thick bezels, this monitor is providing its user with maximum view without any hurdles in the way.
The monitor’s rear panel is where most of the magic happens; you will find all the buttons down there including the power switch, you will also find a joystick for navigation in addition to a set of hotkeys for accessing other Asus modes.
The 1440p monitor might have a limited set of connectivity options; you will find one DisplayPort 1.2, one HDMI 1.4, two USB 3.0 ports, and finally, a 3.5mm audio jack.
The ASUS PG278QR’s stand is probably is its best feature; it easily offers premium height, tilt, swivel, and pivot options and yet being strong enough to stand still and steady.
The Asus PG278QR is adorned with a TN panel technology which offers a solid performance and eliminates any chance of regression to occur such as backlight bleeding, interlacing or even ghost images, so you are ensured a fantastic experience of using this monitor.
- Excellent gaming performance.
- Ergonomic adjustable stand.
- Sharp image quality.
- Overall solid performance.
- Confined connectivity ports.
- Limited viewing angles.
Bottom line, the Asus ROG Swift PG278Q is one swift gaming beauty; it holds some incredible features especially designed for the gamers and top of it, it is graced with a fully adjustable stand and it can deliver high quality images, all this counts it to be a great 144Hz 1440p monitor.
2. BenQ XL2730 – Best 1440p 144Hz Freesync Monitor
- Lightning-fast 144 Hz refresh rate performance for a smooth gaming experience.
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing the optimal gaming experience.
- Exclusive Color Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology to enhance visual clarity and customized color settings, giving players the advantage on the battlefield.
- S-Switch that allows players to navigate the menu, save custom display profiles, and change monitor settings in an instant with the press of a button.
- Multiple connectivity options featuring DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI-D to reach 144Hz, HDMI, and Headphone/Microphone Input.
The BenQ Zowie XL2730 is one of leading 1440p 144Hz gaming monitors in the field, it offers a powerful performance along with high features that would make any gamer over cloud nine.
The XL2730 is a 27 inch screen with a 2560 x 1440 resolution, it adorns a TN panel technology as well as having a 16:9 aspect ratio, also has a 1ms response rate, and lastly, an AMD FreeSync Technology.
The BenQ Zowie XL2730’s exterior look is quite sleek and stylish, with an eloquent clean matte black finish which provides a more sophisticated look as well as not causing any glares nor unwanted light to be seen.
On the lower right hand side of the bezel you will find five OSD buttons and a scroll wheel, the buttons are almost discreet so they will not cause any distractions while using the monitor.
The screen has an anti-glare coat that drive out any unwanted light flares or countering reflections. The image quality is superb, you will be able to see clearly.
However, you might be face with a slightly grainy look if you are sitting too close but at a reasonable distance, you will not notice anything.
The monitor also offers a good range of great features, some including eye care technologies such the low blue light filter and flicker-free operation, you get three save slots for custom presets and so you are able to create different profile sets for different using purposes.
BenQ has provided a suitable set for connectivity inputs and outputs that include the following: a DVI-DL port, 2 ports of HDMI, one DisplayPort 1.2, along with a headphone jack, and a microphone jack.
- Rapid refresh rate.
- Solid body quality.
- AMD FreeSync.
- Superb image accuracy.
- A bit pricey.
- TN panel is not suitable with the rest of the features.
In conclusion, the BenQ Zowie XL2730 is considered to be a fantastic 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitor; it has great gaming oriented features in addition to splendid image accuracy, and a fantastic blur reduction feature.
Just need 144hz and not 1440p? Check out other cheap 144hz monitors to save more money.
3. ASUS MG278Q – Best 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- 27" 2560x1440 resolution display with 1ms response time and ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate to eliminate smearing, tearing, and motion blur.
- Asus Eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland-certified Blue light filter and flicker-free backlighting
- Nvidia G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience. Stereo Speakers - 2W x 2 Stereo RMS
- Flexible connectivity options with dual HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2 and DVI. Ergonomically-designed stand with full Tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment for comfortable viewing position
- Asus Rapid replacement: 3 Years warranty, 2 Way free SHIPPING
If you are looking for a flexible and responsible design, then the ASUS MG278Q is certainly one of our top choices for the 1440p 144Hz gaming monitors and with the least expensive price; it delivers an impeccable performance that can go a long way with your gaming experience.
The MG278Q is a 27 inch size, has a 2560 x 1440 display, it features a fantastic TN panel technology as well as obtaining 1ms response time.
For physical appearance, the MG278Q sports a sleek charcoal and flexible design thanks to its angular base that allows you with ergonomic view choices; you can raise or lower the display for about 6 inches up or down, you can swivel it for 60 degrees left or right, and also, tilt it to 20 degrees back or 5 degrees forward.
Moreover, you have the choice of pivoting the screen 90 degrees which turns it into a portrait mode. If you are not a fan of desk based monitors, you can always remove the base and mount the monitor on the wall with its attached VESA mount.
Underneath the panel on the back you will find all the connectivity inputs and outputs which includes a DisplayPort, two HDMI ports, a DVI port, two USB 3.0 ports that support fast charging, a line-in port, and lastly, a headphone jack.
The ASUS MG278Q overall performance is outstanding and super responsive, it will gain all the gamers’ attention with its colorful and accurate image quality suitable for all game genres even the ones that require heavy lag precision, the monitor will smoothly display all the small details crystal clear.
What even makes it perfect for gaming is its fantastic AMD FreeSync feature which allows the display to sync directly to your GPU for less screen tearing and motion blur.
- Vibrant and precise image quality.
- Flexible design.
- Supports AMD FreeSync.
- Smooth and smart interface.
- Delivers high performance.
- Costs more than its predecessor.
- TN panel and its average viewing angles.
All in all, the ASUS MG278Q is a wonderful gaming monitor with high-end gaming features; it supports FreeSync and adorns a very flexible design that is to die for, naming it the best 1440p 144Hz gaming monitor on the market.
4. Acer XB241YU – Best 1440p 144Hz G-sync Monitor
- 23.8" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology. Standby power consumption 420 mW
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (Overclocking to 165Hz) - Using Display Port
- Response time: 1ms. Flicker-less Technology-Reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods.
- Pixel Pitch: 0.206mm;Height:14.9";Width:21.3";Height with stand:20.87";Width with stand:21.30"
- Brightness 350 cd/m²
Acer has expanded its line of G-Sync monitors by manufacturing this decent monitor, the Acer XB241YU has taken the market by a storm at just being a 24 inch display.
Just like any Acer monitor, the XB241YU sports a sleek and sharp edged design that catches anybody’s eyes, the monitor’s exterior features an overall ZeroFrame design, and has a very thin bezel around the top and side edges of the monitor frame and so resulting in the user getting full use of the monitor.
The monitor comes with a swivel joint that connects it to the stand, while the stand itself is mounted with an elevation slider that helps with adjusting the display to your preference.
You can locate all the monitor’s buttons on the front of the right side; the buttons allow you to change the presets, adjust the brightness level, sound volume, and toggle between HDMI and DisplayPort input.
On the back of the monitor, you will be able to spot the connectivity set which includes: a power plugin port, a DisplayPort, a HDMI port, in addition to a 3.5mm audio jack, a pair of USB ports, and a USB upstream port.
Not just that but the monitor also adorns a little gap in the frame specifically for your disobedient cables so you can avoid any twists.
You get up to 165Hz but when connected using DisplayPort, the default refresh rate is the silky smooth 144Hz which will satisfy all gamers completely by delivering gorgeous image quality that is free of any blur or tears.
The display itself is nice and crisp, it has great color balance which gives you the upper hand in completely controlling the image display.
- Smooth design.
- Strong body build.
- Overlocked 165Hz refresh rate.
- Additional USB ports.
- Low speaker sound.
Final verdict, the Acer XB241YU promises a great value for your money aside from the speakers, it has striking features and transmits a magnificent performance especially for the gamers.
See more: Cheap G-Sync Monitors
5. Acer XB270HU – Best 1440p 144Hz IPS Monitor
- 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology.
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (Overclocking to 165Hz)-Using Display Port. Operating Power Consumption (Energy Star): 32. 02 W. Standby Power Consumption : 470 mW
- Response Time: 1ms, Pixel Pitch: 0. 233mm. Flicker-less Technology-Reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods.
- Signal Inputs: 1 x Display Port & 1 x HDMI 1. 4.
- Panel Type: TN
The Acer XB270HU is a new edition to the gaming IPS technology category, as a lot of gamers have been begging for a new IPS monitor, Acer has complied to their wishes by producing the XB270HU to the gaming market.
The XB270HU comes in a 27 inches size, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a 2560 x 1440 resolution.
In addition to having a 4ms response time, a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz and of course the Ips panel technology which delivers quite the great performance.
It might look traditional but the Acer monitor is graced with a sweet glossy black bezel on both display sides while the back of the monitor is finished in a matte plastic.
The monitor’s base stand is quite the ergomatic as it offers about six inches of height adjustment as well as being able to swivel and tilt, but most importantly, its ability in conveying a portrait mode which comes in handy for some users who prefer different viewing angles.
Regarding connectivity options which are very limited, you will find the only inputs and outputs ports in the back of the monitor which are two USB 3.0 ports and a DisplayPort, and to keep things tidy neat, you will find a small hole in the stand made for cable management.
On the bottom right side of the screen, you can locate the buttons for power and OSD interaction which might not be so flexible as they are push buttons rather than capacitive.
When activating the G-Sync mode while gaming, you are surely promised a wonderful experience with high speed, a robust image quality and a smooth gameplay which all leads you to having a more enjoyable time without any blurs or image tearing.
- Brilliant IPS panel technology.
- Superb gaming performance.
- Accurate and bright color quality.
- G-Sync and its abilities with fast refresh rates.
- A bit pricey.
- Lacks connectivity options.
Final words, the Acer XB270HU is currently one of the great 1440p 144Hz monitors out there for gamers with an Nvidia graphics card and also support IPS panel which proposes incredible clarity and great viewing angles.
6. Acer XB271HU – Best IPS 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- 27 Inches WQHD (2560 x 1440) widescreen with NVIDIA G SYNC technology
- Refresh rate: 144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz) Using display port
- Response time: 4ms, Pixel Pitch: 0. 233 millimeter. Flicker less technology reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods.
- 2 x 2W speakers. Brightness: 350 nit. Panel technology: In plane switching (IPS) Technology. Tilt angle 5° to 35°. Swivel angle 60°. Maximum adjustable Height 5.91 inches
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI (V1.4) and 1 x Display port. Viewing angle: 178° (H)/ 178° (V)
The Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz is an IPS panel, 27 inch screen that has a a refresh rate of 144Hz that can be overclocked to 165Hz.
The XB271HU sports everything a gamer would want in a display monitor as it is filled with gaming oriented features, making it one of our picks for the best 1440p 144Hz monitor.
The Acer XB271HU’s design is sharp and edgy, it is what Acer calls “Zero Frame”, the bezels on the display are very thin measuring in at a mere 5 millimeters which allows you to feel as if nothing but the picture is in front of you.
The base of the monitor can span quite wide and it is very stable, however, it measures a full 45 centimeters so make sure to put the monitor on a long enough table.
The stand is massive and allows the screen to be adjusted in all sorts of directions; You can tilt it forward-backward to about 35 degrees, it can be rotationally swiveled to 60 degrees, and it can be turned into a portrait mode.
The XB271HU sports the regular set of connectivity ports; an HDMI port, a DisplayPort, and a USB 3.0 port. On the monitor’s left side, you will also find two additional USB ports which are made for temporary use such as SD card or temporary devices.
Since the Acer Predator XB271HU features an IPS panel, this allows for better color recreation even if the display is a bit bigger than the usual 24” screens. At a 2560 × 1440 resolution, the monitor owns a decent pixel density that causes a depth between colors.
Keep in mind that this is a generally gaming monitor that has a 4ms Grey to Grey response time along with a refresh rate of 165hz; the monitor normally stands well at just 144Hz, but with the push of a button, that rate can make the jump from 144Hz to 165hz which leads to a more smooth and impressive gaming visual experience.
- Thin bezel screen design.
- Superb gaming performance.
- Great picture quality.
- Great ergonomic stand.
- Refresh rate can be overclocked to 165 Hz.
- Quite expensive.
- Few connectivity ports.
Last but not least, the Predator XB271HU is a beastly monitor with fantastic gaming features all thanks to its IPS panel and also ergonomic stand that make it a great gaming monitor.
7. AOC AG271QX – Great 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- 27" TN Panel, 2560x1440 Resolution, 144hz Response Time, 1ms, Adaptive Sync
- Brightness- 350 cd/m2, Dynamic Contrast Ratio- 50,000,000:1,16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Connectivity-VGA,DVI,DP,HDMI-MHL, (2) USB3.0, (2) USB 2.0.
- Speakers, Audio line-in/out, Quick Switch Controller
- Height and Pivot Adjustable, Wall Mountable
The AOC AG271QX is a gaming beast that can handle high graphics kudos to its fast response time and for its FreeSync support.
The design of the AOC AGON AG271QX is quite in an excellent build; the V-shaped stand base feels very strong and provides the monitor with great support, you can also adjust the monitor’s height, rotate portrait, tilt, and swivel levels easily according to your liking and can even transfer to a portrait mode.
As for the connectivity inputs and outputs, you are offered with one DisplayPort 1.2, an HDMI 2.0 port, and an HDMI 1.4/MHL, along with a DVI-D, a VGA input. Furthermore, you will find a stereo input, one headphone output, and one mic in, and a mic out.
Regarding the picture quality, its is very good due to its TN panel which causes blacks to appear gray in a dark room but the screen gets quite bright according to different viewing angles so it could fight reflections and eliminating any disturbing glares and it is all because of the screen’s light matte finish.
The monitor has an amazing response time thus resulting in very short trails following moving objects which is excellent when playing first person shooters games.
Moreover, the monitor has a high and fast refresh rate of 144Hz in addition to having a Freesync which allows you to play heavy graphically adorned games with smoothness and ease without causing any tears.
- Bright and colorful picture quality.
- Strong body build.
- Low input lag.
- Decent panel response.
- Plain viewing angles.
- Out-of-box accuracy.
Final say, the AOC AG271QX is an outstanding product for gaming purposes; it is quite responsive and owns a high native refresh rate along with a low input lag.
8. Asus MG279Q – Best Freesync 1440p 144Hz Monitor
- 27 inches WQHD (1440P) 165 Hertz with a thin Bezel design to create an optimal balance of screen size and resolution for high refresh gaming
- Immersive life like color in games, movies and design with vivid IPS panel and support for wide viewing angles. Physical. Dimension with Stand(WxHxD): 619.77x552.53x237.9 millimeter. Physical. Dimension without Stand(WxHxD): 619.77x362.96x65.98 millimeter (For VESA Wall Mount)
- NVIDIA G SYNC technology eliminates stutter and screen tearing for smooth game play
- Marathon ready with ASUS Eye Care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control
The Asus MG279Q is one of leading choices for the 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitors in the gaming realm, at a 27 inch size and contains an anti tearing technology while using an In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel, this monitor simply holds all the gaming specifications a gamer needs.
The MG279Q’s design is very nice looking with a black matte finish and an anti glaring coat that protects the screen from any unwanted light. The stand base is very adjustable; you can tilt, pivot, swivel and even play with the monitor’s height according to your preference viewing adjustments.
Asus has provided a suitable set of connectivity choice that includes two HDMI/MHL inputs, one full size DisplayPort input, one mini DisplayPort input, an upstream USB 3.0 port, two downstream USB 3.0 ports, and a headphone jack.
With its 144Hz refresh rate and 4 millisecond (gray to gray) pixel response, you are ensured a very smoothed motion with no blurring or ghosting in sight.
The MG279Q also features an QHD resolution which results in providing balanced colors and good gamma, although, some colors might take a miss, but you will not notice any tint or oversaturated colors.
- Supports AMD’s FreeSync Technology.
- Steady gaming performance.
- Relatively low price.
- Wide viewing angles.
- Ergonomic stand.
- Lacks Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB).
- Modest color accuracy.
Bottom line, the Asus MG279Q is a high quality IPS screen with excellent color accuracy and contrast that delivers strong gaming performance due to its AMD’s FreeSync technology support and fast refresh rate, coming through to be one of the great 1440p 144Hz monitors.
9. ASUS PG279Q – Great 27-Inch IPS G-Sync Monitor
- 27 inch WQHD (2560x1440) IPS panel with 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) full sRGB gamut for immersive life like color in games, movies, and design
- Thin bezel design brings out the best balance of screen size and resolution for gaming
- NVIDIA G SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience with NVIDIA G SYNC Processor
- ASUS Eye Care technology enables low blue light mode and flicker free panels for marathon gaming comfort
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and 2 x USB 3.0 ports
Asus PG279Q ROG Swift is a 27 inch size screen that had an insane reaction in the rapid refresh rated monitors.
The PG279Q looks as functional as it is attractive, it possesses a wide and strong stand that can hold the monitor steady, it also provides all sort of adjustments which allows you to be in full control of the monitor’s display, you can change the height, pivot, tilt, and rotate the screen up to 90 degrees; Asus has supplied a small wire found in the stand neck to help tame and manage any loose cables. The only thing the PG279Q lacks is that the input options are a bit limited as it only offers one HDMI 1.4a and a DisplayPort 1.2a.
Gamers will benefit the most from the PG279Q as it is equipped with G-Sync at 60, 144 and 165 Hz that allows the user to change refresh rate as each game requires different modes and not all require full use of the maximum refresh rate.
Asus has stocked the PG279Q with a quite respectable image quality and an incredible color accuracy; the color reproduction is super great and results in games to look well saturated and vivid, and they made sure that coloring stays the same thus color accuracy is the same at 165 Hz as it is at 60 Hz. On the other hand, the gamma curve is a bit dark which can lead to problems with visible details in extra dark games.
- Attractive design.
- Highly adjustable stand.
- Easy to use controls.
- Huge refresh rate spectrum.
- Limited input options.
- Gamma is too dark.
- A bit pricey.
The Asus PG279Q ROG Swift is adored for its unique qualities, excellent build and superb gaming performance, but the refresh rate is the headline feature of this product which makes it the best 1440p monitor with 144Hz refresh rate in general.
10. ASUS PG27VQ – Great 1440p 144Hz G-Sync Monitor
- 27" WQHD (2560x1440p) 1800R curved panel with a 1ms response time and overclocked refresh rate up to 165Hz embraces ROG standards and design
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of ASUS Aura Sync enabled product
- Flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4. Display Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V)
- Marathon ready with game-grade ergonomics such as tilt, swivel and height adjustments and ASUS Eye Care Technology to reduce eyestrain via blue light filter and flicker-free backlighting
- NVIDIA G-SYNC ensures smooth gameplay by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering
The Asus ROG Swift PG27VQ is a top class leading gaming monitor with RGB lighting, the product has everyone mesmerized by its curvy angles and 165Hz overlocked refresh rate, all this and more calls it to be a fine choice for a 1440p 144Hz gaming monitor.
The PG27VQ’s physical appearance is mainly focused on its characteristic foot which is highly adjustable; the panel can be rotated, tilted and adjusted in height but you can not pivot the screen, the screen itself is strongly curved so no pivot will be needed.
Moreover, the screen has the ASUS Eye Care Technology which is installed to help reduce eye strain via its blue light filter and flicker free backlighting.
The PG27VQ’s resolution of the screen is 2560 x 1440 pixels which means it is a WQHD screen and it has the maximum frequency of 165Hz when using a G-Sync graphics card.
And just like any G-sync screen, you will be offered with a DisplayPort 1.2 and a HDMI input as connectivity choices which is quite limited, but Asus has also added a 3.5 mm headphone jack and two USB 3.0 downstream ports, still it is not enough.
When you turn off the light, the back of the screen becomes ignited; only then can you see the RGB lighting with ease, you can change the colour of the light according to what your system does with the monitor’s 12 presets.
This monitor provides a wide variety of customization settings especially for gaming, in the monitor’s setup; you can choose between 6 presets in which each is specifically designed for a different gaming genre, the game presets apply all kinds of visual improvements that can grant you a tactical advantage such as more contrast or more detail in dark parts in which all depends on the game you play.
ROG Swift PG27VQ is generally a rapid display with a fast 1ms (gray to gray) response time which is combined with NVIDIA Ultra Low Motion Blur technology (ULMB) that leads all objects in motion remain perfectly sharp hence making your gameplay more easy responsive; this comes in handy in fast paced games so you will not miss any details that might be gone on other monitors due to image tearing.
- Good image quality.
- Overlocked 165Hz with G-sync.
- Frameless panel design.
- Fast response time.
- Low input lag.
- Eye Care Technology and ULMB feature.
- TN typical viewing angles.
- Pretty equal to the PG278QR.
The Asus ROG Swift PG27VQ is an exceptionally the best 1440p 144Hz gaming monitor due to its G-Sync with a range of 30 – 165 Hz and extremely low input lag, it might be similar to the PG278QR but still offers outstanding features.
11. Dell S2716DGR – Good 1440p 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- Experience sharp, tear free graphics with a swift refresh rated to 155 hertz (overclocked) and AMD free sync for super smooth visuals
- Get blazing fast and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag at an extremely rapid 1ms response time. Pixel Pitch:0.2331 mm
- Enjoy vivid edge to edge game play and crisp QHD resolution. You'll get lost in the 3.68 million pixels almost two times more than full HD
- Brightness: 350 candela per square metre
- Note: The 27' measurement of a TV monitor is measured diagonally.
Dell has started to produce gaming monitors lately and the S2716DGR is one of them, it might be new but it surely had captured the attention of others; with a 144Hz refresh rate, a 1ms response time, and G-Sync support.
This Dell screen possesses a defined ultra-thin bezel design (see our guide on Edgeless Monitors for more), although the overall appearance might appear basic not so screaming as it is all in black.
The control panel buttons can be found underneath the bottom bezel on the right side; the monitor itself is quite ergonomic, it can pivot 90 degrees in either direction, the height can be adjusted up to 130mm, it can swivel 45 degrees left or right, and can tilt up to 5 degrees forward and 21 degrees back.
Connectivity options are a bit limited as the monitor only offers a DisplayPort and an HDMI input along with a USB upstream port for the built-in USB hub which supports fast charging, and lastly, a headphone out jack.
The S2716DG has a TN panel, a 1ms response time, in addition to a regular 144Hz refresh rate and G-Sync anti-tearing technology.
The Dell’s screen image quality has some mixed results; a couple of colors tend to appear a little oversaturated due to the low gamma, also the black levels are not that great as well.
But at 2560 x 1440 resolution, this gaming monitor and its G-Sync can handle any frame rates making the gaming experience more worthy as it causes no tearing whatsoever.
- Versatile stand.
- Rich image quality.
- High refresh rate.
- Very low input lag.
- Responsive and rapid.
- Poor black and contrast.
- Inaccurate gamma.
- Moderately expensive.
The Dell S2716DG is an exceptionally responsive monitor with a nice gaming feature set and the low response time keeps your gaming going. But what truly makes this monitor shine is the pixel responsiveness which was outstanding.
12. ViewSonic XG2703-GS – Great IPS Gaming Monitor with G-Sync
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: WQHD resolution, ultra-fast response time, and amazing 165Hz refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: NVIDIA G-SYNC technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- IN IT TO WIN IT: A fully adjustable ergonomic stand and blue light filter delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The XG2703-GS supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI 1.4, USB, and Display Port inputs
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS is a top leading gaming monitor that includes great features in addition to owning a stunning image quality along with a good color accuracy of its IPS panel, making it a highly recommended pick for a 1440p 144Hz monitors.
The overall design of the ViewSonic XG2703-GS is very modernistic and cool, without any second glances you’d know that it is mainly made for gaming purposes.
Adjusting the monitor is extremely simple, all you need is attaching it to the stand, you are completely free to move it up and down, as well as tilt it in a variety of directions, you can also make it a vertical screen by rotating it to the portrait mode.
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS has one HDMI 1.4 port and one DisplayPort 1.2a which is plenty for gaming purposes, you will also find five USB ports: two USB3.0, two USB2.0 and one USB2.0 upstream. And lastly, a 3.5 mm audio jack.
The XG2703-GS owns the Nvidia G-Sync technology which allows you to synchronize the frame rate of your GPU with the monitor’s gaming display easily, you will gain a more smooth and fast gaming experience.
Over and above, the G-Sync technology easily removes any screen tearings and lowers the input lag and image stuttering which all results in sweet and fluid gameplay especially in fast paced games.
Furthermore, the monitor is adorned with the Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) feature which helps improve the performance of your graphics card by reducing any image blurring and ghosting.
Because of the monitor’s IPS panel technology, the XG2703-GS display can deliver exceptionally precise colors and wide viewing angles in both horizontal and vertical modes.
The color reproduction is quite excellent; as the colors are well-calibrated straight out of the box, and can boast excellent brightness and color options as being an accurate display which offers plenty of options for fine-tuning its many options.
- Excellent color gamut and accuracy
- Strong build quality.
- G-Sync support.
- Brilliant IPS panel.
- Stellar all-round image quality.
- A bit bulky design.
The ViewSonic XG2703-GS sports some of the most excellent features in the market such as: a 165Hz, IPS panel and the Nvidia G-Sync technology in addition to its wonderful exclusive gaming features. We believe that the XG2703-GS is worth serious consideration for being one of the best 1440p gaming monitors.
Buyer’s Guide for the 1440p 144Hz Monitors:
Above we have listed all our top choices for the 1440p 144Hz monitors in the market along with each product’s advantages and disadvantages, their premium features and their designated flaws.
Now it is time to end our article with a buyer’s’ guide for you in order to be aware of the most important factors needed to find the a good 1440p 144Hz monitor and know your computer equipment requirements for gaming on a 1440p resolution because 1440p monitors are quite demanding and will tax your system very hard in order to function properly.
- System Requirements: all you need to focus on is the computer’s graphics card.If your computer is running an Intel setup with Nvidia Graphics, you will want to have at least a Nvidia GTX 1080 or higher.If your computer supports an AMD system with AMD graphics, you will want to have at least an RX580 graphics card or higher.The graphics card requires a lot of power to generate graphics at a 1440p resolution, and anything below these cards will struggle horribly and might end up damaging your computer. We do not really recommend using any type of adapter or converter cause this will also harm your computer’s system.
- FreeSync VS G-Sync: The FreeSync feature can only be activated if you have a compatible AMD graphics card, on the other hand, the G-Sync feature works only if you have a compatible Nvidia graphics card.You must be aware that you can use a FreeSync monitor with a Nvidia graphics card and vice versa, but you will not get the same dynamic sync feature.G-Sync offers a wider dynamic range and more effective input lag reduction as it owns an extra feature called Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) that reduces motion blur but it can not be used at the same time as the G-Sync if it is enabled.The only prominent difference between the two technologies is the price since the same monitor with G-Sync can sometimes cost twice as much as the FreeSync monitor.
- Technology Panel: most popular screen formats for 1440p are TN and IPS.
- TN (twisted nematic): they have restricted viewing angles as well as having the smallest response time out of all the screens.
- IPS (in-plane switching): screens are more convenient for in office environments because of the very large viewing angles that they provide but they tend to have larger response time than the TN format.
- Refresh Rate: it is measured in Hertz (Hz), and it demonstrates how many times the monitor can refresh or redraw the entire screen displayed image per second. You have three options of refresh rate as they either come in 60Hz, 144Hz, 165Hz, or 244Hz. Choosing which is better depends on what genre of games you play because not all game will require 165Hz or above. To begin, we recommend getting the mid range which will be suitable for the majority of the games. You can then decide to pick out the best 240Hz monitor at a later date if you need to.
- Response Time: it is measured in milliseconds and it is how quickly it takes a pixel to change from black to white or from one shade of gray to another, it induces the screen’s accuracy level, and the clarity’s efficiency. As for the 1440p resolution, you will want very small response times so somewhere in the range of 5ms and 1ms will be suitable for 1440 usage.