The online multiplayer battle royale game PUBG (PlayerUnkown’s Battleground) has definitely become widespread, people from far and near are playing it and is definitely a time-consuming, fun game.
And as is well known, to get the best experience out of any video game, you have to have the best equipment.
In this article, we’ll be going through the best monitors you can buy to play PUBG and get the most out of it.
The 4 Best Monitors for PUBG
1. Acer Predator XB272-HDR – The Best Gaming Monitor for PUBG
- 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz - Using Display Port
- Response Time: 1ms, Pixel Pitch: 0.3113mm
- 2 x 2W speakers
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI (V1.4) & 1 x Display port (V1.2)
We’ll start our list with the Acer Predator XB272-HDR monitor as it’s all-in-all the best choice you can make.
It’s a well-known fact that TN panels boast the best gaming specs when it comes to refresh rates and response times, and this one isn’t any different, where the Acer Predator XB272 supports a 240 Hz refresh rate and a 1-millisecond response time.
This makes it able to deliver a superb gaming experience. The fact that it’s equipped with G-Sync technology means that screen tearing is eliminated, so you get seamlessly smooth gaming.
With a 27-inch screen, 400 nits of brightness, and a 1920 x 1080 resolution, the Acer Predator XB272 will surely draw you into the world of PUBG’s action.
TN panels usually don’t have the best viewing angles but the Acer Predator XB272’s is pretty decent and gives you a uniform viewing experience.
You can tilt the monitor from -5 degrees to 20 degrees, pivot, swivel, rotate it up to 90 degrees or vertically adjust it up to 5 thanks to the Ergo-Stand provided by Acer.
This helps you find the viewing angle that most suits you and lets you indulge in your victory.
Although the stand may take up a lot of space, it is VESA compatible which means you can mount it on a wall to save space if a wide area isn’t available.
With Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) technology, you get the smoothest operation and the sharpest images even during fast-paced scenes, which results in a very realistic experience.
The Acer Predator XB272 has two built-in 2W speakers that deliver the clearest and most crisp audio, and allow you to listen to the smallest details of sounds like walking on grass, bullets, and explosions.
It is equipped with EyeProtect’s flicker-less technology which keeps your eyes comfortable throughout elongated gaming sessions.
When it comes to connectivity, what the Acer Predator XB272 has to deliver is great.
It has connection ports of high bandwidth like HDMI and DisplayPort which handle high rates of data transfer.
It also has 4 USB 3.0 ports of high speed, which enable you to connect a mouse, keyboard, headset, and charge your smartphone or other portable devices.
The Predator GameView technology allows you to set dark boost levels and calibrate your colors to your own personal preferences. You can also save settings to 3 personalized profiles that you can freely switch between.
- Very high refresh rate
- Equipped with G-Sync to make your games smooth
- Thin bezels
- A slot to gather the cables on your desk for a tidier space
- Stand size is a little big so it takes up too much space
- Unlabeled buttons may cause some confusion
- Color calibration is a tedious task
With the Acer Predator XB272, there doesn’t seem to be any drawbacks in the performance except maybe that it doesn’t have the best color reproduction, which is known to be the setback of TN panels.
Other than that, it’s undoubtedly the best choice you can make.
2. Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ – Best 4K Monitor for PUBG
- 27 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 144 Hertz HDR gaming monitor with integrated aura Sync and ambient light sensor embraces ROG standards and design
- Nvidia G SYNC HDR for lifelike contrast and color, display HDR 1000 and UHD premium Certified with peak 1000 nits brightness and 384 local dimming zones
- Quantum dot IPS display with 97% DCI P3 (99% Adobe RGB) color gamut for realistic colors and smoother gradation.Brightness : 600 cd/㎡ (Typical)/1000 cd/㎡ (Peak)
- Marathon ready with game grade ergonomics such as tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustments and ASUS Eye Care technology to reduce eyestrain via Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting
- Flexible connectivity options with Display Port 1.4, HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.0 hub
Rather than depending on one single feature to distinguish it, the PG27UQ delivers the ideal picture with a mixture of important features.
The 4K resolution is probably the most prominent of these features, where it indicates an Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution that displays more than eight million pixels.
Spreading that resolution over the 27″ screen yields a sharp 163-PPI pixel density fit to display the most detailed images and clearest pictures.
Being an IPS panel means the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ is capable of delivering amazing visuals, and indeed it has an 8.3-megapixel resolution that can satisfy you through your photo editing, and although the 144 Hz refresh rate isn’t the highest, it still allows you to have a fun gaming experience.
To power 144 Hz frames per second at 4K resolution, some serious GPU power would be called into action, and that is why the PG27UQ is equipped with NVIDIA’s G-Sync technology that renders the performance seamless and with no lag or latency by matching the refresh rate of the display with the frame rate of the GPU.
When they’re in sync, stuttering is reduced and tears are eliminated.
The PG27UQ has official Display HDR 1000 certification and UltraHD Premium certification, and HDR is synonymous with the ability to produce a wider range of brightness, color, and contrast.
The backlight can produce brightness up to 1000 cd/m2 of brightness, which is about 3 times the brightness of an average gaming monitor.
It’s divided into zones, 384 to be exact, that can be individually dimmed to make the contrast reach the maximum potential, and get the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
Quantum dots play a big part in the PG27UQ’s high dynamic range, they are luminescent nanoparticles that produce a much wider range of colors, which result in deeper shades and smoother transitions between them.
It covers a superb 97% of the DCI-P3 color space which is normally used by hardware related to cinema.
Its wide-gamut palette delivers 25% more colors than the sRGB standard which is traditionally used for PCs, and each panel is ensured to produce accurate calibrating to an average of Delta E less than 3.
The IPS technology guarantees the vividness of the colors from whatever viewing angle you’re looking at it from with its 178 degrees wide viewing angles.
You can get multiple monitors set up with the dual Display Port 1.4 inputs and HDMI port.
You can also freely adjust your monitor’s tilt, swivel, pivot, and height thanks to the fully adjustable stand.
- G-Sync bodes well with HDR technology
- Amazing image quality
- Doesn’t have the highest refresh rate
- Quite expensive
The Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ is pretty expensive compared to other options on the market, but it comes at a price and a high one at that.
If you can afford it though, it would be a very great choice for the features it has to deliver.
3. Asus ROG Swift PG258Q – A Fantastic 240Hz Monitor for PUBG
- 25 inches Full HD (1920x1080p) panel with a 1ms response time and native 240 Hertz refresh rate with a frame less design and customizable LED lighting Effect
- Viewing angle (cr≧10): 170 degree (h)/160 degree (v).flexible connectivity options with Display Port 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and 2 x USB 3.0 Ports and exclusive game plus hotkey for in game enhancements while Game Visual for optimized visuals
- NVidia G SYNC ensures smooth game play by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering. Brightness (maximum): 400 cd/㎡, contrast Ratio (maximum): 1000: 1
- ASUS Eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland certified Blue light filter and flicker free back lighting
- Compliance and standards cob, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, cu, Earp, FCC, j moss, kick, PSE, RoHS, UL/CUL, Vici, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), RCM, TUV flicker free, standby, TUV low Blue light. Refer to the PDF attached below in technical Specification For user Manual
The Asus ROG Swift PG258Q delivers a nice Full HD (1920 x 1080p) resolution on a 25-inch screen.
Its 240 Hz native refresh rate makes it suitable for fast-paced action games, and its 1 millisecond response time combined with NVIDIA G-Sync technology ensure an uncut game with no interruptions of lag and latency with amazingly realistic images.
The Asus ROG Swift PG258Q was designed with strong and sharp lines to match its edgy performance. It provides you with a “Light Signature” that allows you to create a light projection and customize it to your own preferences.
Its ergonomic stand gives you the freedom to tilt, pivot, and adjust the height so you can get the most suitable viewing position wherever you’re sitting.
There’s a custom heatsink which is twice as big as heatsinks found on rival monitors, and it guarantees that your monitor stays cool during long gaming sessions.
Smart Air Vent design also contributes to the cooling of the monitor where it uses convection currents to produce airflow inside the monitor
There’s a special loyalty program for ROG consumers where they earn points for being an active fan of the Republic of Gamers.
You can earn points through many ways, one of which is to buy ROG gear and then get a selection of rewards that can be redeemed with points.
- Superb response time
- Amazing G-Sync minimizes lag
- High refresh rate
- Sleek design
- Brightness adjustments are limited
- Connectivity options aren’t that much
- Quite pricey
Frankly speaking, the Asus ROG Swift PG258Q doesn’t have a special feature to distinguish it from other rivals except maybe its cooling system which aids you when you’re gaming for a long time.
Otherwise, you should be investing in other options that have more solid features if you have the budget.
4. Acer Predator X34 – Best Ultra-Wide Monitor for PUBG
- 34" QHD (3440 x 1440) 1900R Curved Widescreen IPS Display
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Overclocking to 120Hz) - Using Display Port
- Ports: 1 x Display Port 1.2, 1 x HDMI 1.4 & 4 - USB 3.0 Ports
- Display Port, HDMI & USB Cables included
We’re ending the list by the Acer Predator X34 because it has one prominent feature that sets it apart from all the other options, and that is the fact that it’s a 34-inch ultra wide, curved display.
With a 21:9 aspect ratio, the Acer Predator X34 truly delivers the ultimate gaming performance and experience by completely immersing you into the world of PUBG’s action.
Its NVIDIA G-Sync technology aids in totally minimizing screen tearing and providing gamers with smooth gaming that ensure victory.
The Acer Predator X34 is the first curved G-Sync gaming monitor, which makes it the pioneer in the world of monitors when it comes to the level of immersion.
Its 34-inch IPS display with the UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440p) resolution displays all the details and makes you feel like you’re inside the game.
Its ZeroFrame design further yet puts emphasis on the total immersion into the game and even gives you the freedom to set up multiple monitors.
NVIDIA G-Sync harmonizes the refresh rate of the monitor with your GPU to prevent any tearing, stuttering, or input lag.
This results in sharper-looking objects and a smooth transition between scenes and images.
Its standard refresh rate is 60 Hz but it can be overclocked easily to 100 Hz to provide you with an even smoother gaming experience with no motion blur.
The two built-in 7W DTS sound speakers give you world-class crisp sounds and draw you even more into the game by letting you hear every step, every bullet, and every booming explosion.
The Acer Predator X34 has dynamic angles for the best gaming experience, its aluminum base is solid and strong and it has a cable management hole to keep your desk tidy.
Thanks to the 100% sRGB color gamut and 6-axis color adjustment, your games would look as realistic as can be, and you will get such vivid and rich colors with the highest color accuracy. Its colors stay consistent with the help of the wide 178-degree viewing angles.
The Acer Predator X34 is equipped with EyeProtect Flicker-less and Blue-light filtering technologies.
These keep your eyes comfortable and safe even after looking at your monitor for a long time.
The ergonomic stand adds to your comfort by being flexible to be tiled from -5 to 35 degrees and to be vertically adjusted up to 5 inches.
The Acer Predator X34 can also deliver high rates of data transfers with its various ports like HDMI and DisplayPort.
It has five USB 3.0 ports which work at high speeds and allow you to easily connect your mouse, keyboard and charge your phone or other devices.
- Great resolution
- High color accuracy
- Deep contrast
- Great audio quality
- Doesn’t perform very well if you overdrive it
- Quite pricey
An ultra-wide panel heightens the enjoyment of gaming, and if you have good NVIDIA-based gadgets, the Predator X34 would be a great way to seal the deal. High resolution, IPS panel, and good performance are all things that the Predator X34 enjoys and would make it last for a considerable time in the future.
Which Is The Best Monitor for Playing PUBG? Final Words:
In conclusion, to pick out a good monitor for PUBG, you’re gonna have to consider your gaming technique first and what feature would help you the most, as well as the size of your budget.
If you can afford the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ, you should definitely go for it because it delivers great features.
If you want a monitor that combines the quality and the affordability, opt for the Acer Predator XB272. If you want full immersion into your game, go for the Acer Predator X34.