Best 240Hz Monitor: Monitors are an essential gadget for any pc user but for gamers, they come first even before the game and the console. Lately, many people are making the choice to turn to a 240Hz monitor and finding a great 240hz monitor could be quite the struggle considering that the market if filled with many products to choose from.
240hz monitors are specially made for competitive gamers and for those who love to enter prize winning competitions; unlike 144Hz monitor, the 240Hz monitors offer a much faster level of refresh rate, combined with a very impressive response time which are what gamers essentially need to get the ultimate visual experience.
Once you upgrade or straightly buy a 240Hz monitor, you will notice a much improved image clarity as the image becomes more clear, the frames are better read on-screen, and it can make visuals that once looked blurry on other monitors seem clearer.
And so in this article, we will list down our top choices for the best 240Hz gaming monitors in the market and write the pros and cons of each product.
By the end of the reviews, we will provide a simple guideline for what to look for in a 240Hz monitor.
1. Dell Alienware AW2518Hf – The Best 240Hz Gaming Monitor
- Designed for the enthusiast, the AW2518HF delivers a futuristic style and precise form with solid stability
- Lightning-fast 240Hz native refresh rate combined with 1ms response time delivers buttery-smooth gameplay with virtually no input lag
- Compatibility- All Operating System. AMD Free Sync eliminates choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate
- Specific gaming OSD (onscreen display) design keeps your user experience in the gaming theme. Brightness : 400 nits
- Game comfortably in your zone with a height adjustable stand, tilt, swivel and pivot features. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Installation manual
The Dell Alienware AW2518Hf is one special 240hz Freesync monitor that is specially made for all the hardcore gamers, with its incredible AMD it has made it possible for fast frame rates to properly work with no tearing in the process.
The AW2518Hf’s physical appearance is almost like a tv screen; it comes in a large box with four popping retained latches that shows the beauty of the 24.5 inches 1080p 240Hz monitor.
The monitor’s stand has some sleek ergonomic functionalities; you can adjust the height to 130mm, 90-degree pivot, 20-degree left and right swivel as well as a bit of tilting.
Dell has provided the Alienware AW2518Hf with a suitable set of connectivity options that includes a DisplayPort 1.2, two HDMI 2.0, four downstream USB 3.0 ports (one of them owns the quick charging capacity), in addition to a headphones jack.
The Alienware AW2518HF’s display is graced with the AlienFX RGB LED lighting technology which enables you to be in-sync to the on-screen content as well as to the rest of your Alienware computer gear.
The monitor uses the TN (Twisted Nematic) technology which deliver a decent image quality thus when adjusting the screen, the viewing angles will shift the colors a bit, it will not be a huge difference as you can still sit back and enjoy your movie or play hard in a gaming session.
Furthermore, the 240Hz monitor has a fast response time of a 1ms which also will help keeping your visual gaming experience fluid.
- Strong build quality.
- Ergonomic ultra-thin design.
- AMD FreeSync support.
- Rapid response time.
- Reasonable price.
- Moderate gamma and color quality.
- Average out-of-box accuracy.
Final words, the Dell Alienware AW2518Hf is a high-end gaming monitor, and one of the fantastic 240hz monitors; it can deliver such rapid refresh level with a 1ms response timing and much more at such a reasonable price that is hard to resist.
2. Acer XF250Q – The Best 240Hz FreeSync Monitor
- 24. 5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN monitor
- G-sync compatible
- 240Hz - Using Display port or HDMI 2. 0 port
- Zero-frame design | 1ms response time | 2 speakers, 2 Watts per speaker
- Ports: 1 x Display 1. 2 port, 1 x HDMI 2. 0 & 1 x HDMI 1. 4
The Acer XF250Q is a class leading FreeSync 240Hz gaming monitor, it delivers an outstanding overall performance as well as adorning a great image quality, available in a 24.5 inches screen 1080p Full HD display, the Acer monitor has exceeded all levels.
The XF250Q comes in a thin bezel design, its base and stand has quite the full ergonomic support; you can adjust the height up to 150 mm, as well swiveling it to 60 degrees, plus tilt and pivot.
The Acer model has a decent connectivity options including a Dual-Link DV, an HDMI 1.4, and a DisplayPort 1.2a for FreeSync.
The Acer model comes in with the Motion Blur Reduction technology which helps prevent any image ghosting from occurring especially in fast paced games so you are ensured with a clear and accurate image quality.
Moreover, the monitor features a FreeSync technology which allows you to synchronize the frame rate of a FreeSync compatible AMD graphics card to the Acer XF250Q display’s refresh rate that accesses you to more dynamic visuals and a reduced input lag.
The 240Hz monitor uses a TN panel technology joint with a 1ms response time speed thus guaranteed a more smooth gaming experience, however, the TN panel does not possess the most vibrant color range unlike other panel types, but it is decent enough for good viewing and return, you are offered with rapid response time and a fast refresh rate so pick what suits you better.
- AMD FreeSync support.
- Good overall image quality.
- Rapid response speed.
- Motion Blur Reduction technology.
- Low input latency.
- Excellent value.
- TN panel’s average color consistency.
- Short DisplayPort cable.
- Colors are a bit washed out.
Final conclusion, the Acer XF250Q has great potentials to be a good 240hz monitor for gaming; it makes gaming visuals more fluid and very enjoyable, it also has a low price for a 240hz monitor as most monitors have high digits.
3. ASUS PG258Q – Best 240Hz Monitor with G-Sync
The ROG Swift PG258Q has the best 240hz monitor G-Sync written all over it all thanks to its impressive features and mighty abilities, it is not just another 240Hz monitor with TN panel technology, we promise this model is different.
The Asus ROG Swift PG258Q is available in the size of 24.5 inches along with 1080p resolution and as we mentioned before it features the TN panel, this Asus model is an overall LCD monitor that is made specially for gaming purposes.
Just like any 240Hz monitor, the model’s stand has the ability to tilt, swivel, height, and pivot, it is quite ergonomic and also you can use it in portrait mode.
The 240Hz monitor has a couple of features that are easy on the eye; they are ,four low-blue-light settings, an Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) setting, four Color Temperature settings, and a Dark Boost setting.
The PG258Q has a small set of connectivity options that include: a DisplayPort input, an HDMI input, a USB 3.0 upstream port, two USB 3.0 downstream ports, and lastly, a headphone jack which all are located at the rear of the cabinet.
Regarding its gaming performance, the PG258Q hits hard; due to its G-Sync feature, once enabled you are ensured a more smoother and tear free visuals. In addition to short input lag and 1ms response time speed making everything more fluid.
TN panel technology usually has moderate color consistency but not in this model, the PG258Q has a good color accuracy as well as having a good grayscale performance resulting in having a fine bottom-angle viewing.
- 240Hz without overclock.
- Excellent gaming performance.
- Nvidia G-Sync support.
- Fully adjustable stand.
- Great features like Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB).
- Out-of-box color and gamma outcome.
In conclusion, Asus ROG Swift PG258Q is one sleek 240Hz gaming monitor that has a rapid refresh time with G-Sync features which leads to an extremely responsive and low latency visual gaming experience.
4. AOC AGON AG251FZ – Great 240Hz Monitor with FreeSync
- 25" Full HD (1920x1080p) panel with a 1ms response time and native 240Hz refresh rate with a frameless design and customizable LED lighting Effect
- Viewing angle (cr≧10): 170°(h)/160°(v).flexible connectivity options with DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4 and 2 x USB 3.0 Ports and exclusive game plus hotkey for in-game enhancements while Game Visual for optimized visuals
- NVidia G-SYNC ensures smooth game play by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering. Brightness(maximum): 400 cd/㎡, contrast Ratio (maximum): 1000: 1
- ASUS Eye Care technology makes marathons even easier, reducing eyestrain and other eye ailments with TUV Rhineland-certified Blue light filter and flicker-free backlighting
- Compliance and standards- cob, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, cu, Earp, FCC, j-moss, kick, PSE, RoHS, UL/CUL, Vici, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7), RCM, TUV flicker-free, standby, TUV low Blue light. Refer to the PDF attached below in technical Specification For user Manual
AOC AGON AG251FZ is considered to be the best 240Hz monitor with Freesync support in the market; it is presented as a luxury product with astonishing feature set that is a real advantage for all competitive gamers.
The AGON model comes in a 24.5 Inches screen size, a Full HD 1080p resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio as well as a TN panel technology.
The 240Hz monitor’s exterior appearance has a matte black finish that is eye catching, the model’s body build is made of premium materials, the base is attached with a captive bolt to a sturdy stand in which you are able to control its height, tilt, swivel, and pivot regarding the ergonomics.
The connectivity inputs and outputs are two HDMI ports, one DisplayPort 1.2, a DVI and a D-Sub along with 5 USB 3.0 slots.
The AOC Agon AG251FZ sports a speedy 1ms response time as well as a quick 240Hz refresh rate that result in a smooth visual quality, although, the color performance of the model is quite moderate, it can still deliver good performance if you play with the adjustments a bit. This is mainly caused by the TN panel technology and its limited vibrancy capabilities but in return you get fast refresh rates and speedy response times.
The AG251FZ is adorned with the FreeSync support which owns a functional range of 48Hz to 240Hz that give gamers the chance to be protected from any stuttering and tears hence resulting in an unruffled gaming display.
- 240Hz refresh rate.
- AMD FreeSync support.
- Out-of-box accuracy.
- Sturdy body build.
- Low input lag.
- Reasonable price tag.
- No blur reduction.
- Some gamma issues.
The AOC AGON AG251FZ is a 240hz monitor Freesync with fantastic gaming oriented abilities; it is graced with a sleek and attractive design, it is extremely responsive with low latency gaming.
It is surely a well-made and produced 240hz monitor, one of the best in the market.
5. ViewSonic XG2530 – A Fantastic 240Hz Monitor
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: Full HD 1080p resolution, ultra-fast 1ms response time, and amazing 240Hz refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: AMD FreeSync technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- IN IT TO WIN IT: A fully adjustable ergonomic stand delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The XG2530 supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, USB, and Display Port inputs
The ViewSonic XG2530 is a top leading 240hz gaming monitor with its fast refresh rate and 1ms response time speed, offering all the professional gamers everything they ever look for in a 240Hz monitor.
The ViewSonic XG2530 design is adorned with a lavish yet simple black matte finish, it offers a versatile ergonomic stand which you can adjust the monitor’s height to 120mm, swivel it to the left and right, rotate it by 90 degrees, and also tilt it.
ViewSonic includes a various collection of connectivity inputs and outputs such as one DisplayPort 1.2, an HDMI 1.4 port as well as one HDMI 2.0 port, thee USB 3.0, and lastly, a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The ViewSonic XG2530 image quality is as good as it can be for a TN panel monitor as the 24.5 inch 1080p screen sports a blazing refresh rate and rapid 1ms response time all which results in an excellent color consistency due to its rich OSD configuration abilities that allows you to adjust the picture settings to your likings and creating different presets for different purposes (gaming, everyday use) plus you are fully ensured a fluid movement with no ghosting or trailing of the fast moving objects.
The ViewSonic model has the Black Stabilization feature thus you can adjust the gamma curves, this feature will surely come in handy in the dark scenes so you will be able to to spot the enemies in the shadows more easily as you can adjust the grayscale range smoothly.
- Out-of-box color accuracy.
- Strong build quality.
- AMD FreeSync support.
- Fast refresh rate.
- Moderate contrast level.
- Viewing angle limitations.
All in all, the ViewSonic XG2530 delivers an award winning gaming performance making it the best 240Hz monitor in its league, it features a fully ergonomic and functional design with impressive color accuracy and responsive performance.
How To Choose The Best 240Hz Monitor:
We have reached the end of article and so it time for you to cast your final choice but before you decide, now sit back and take a look at why you should choose a 240Hz monitor for your gaming life.
If you decide to make the jump from 144 to 240, consider it such a big improvement; the 240Hz offers a much faster level of refresh rate combined with a very impressive response time, you will notice a big difference if you used a 144Hz monitor before as fast paced games will never look speedy smooth as it do on 240Hz displays.
With 240Hz on the market, you will notice a much better clear and responsive visual performance.