The gaming realm is a massive universe filled with constant change; whether its gear, graphics or even consoles.
As we all know gaming is a visual experience that depends on strong graphics but, what is graphics if there isn’t an equivalent powerful sound system?
Searching for the Best PS4 headsets could be a mystery to some as the headsets market is full of products that make it harder and harder everyday to choose from.
However, a good headset for PS4 provides a better game encounter, some gamers will spend most of their research on finding out resolutions sizes and frame count but, many lack the look for a good gaming headset.
Perhaps some gamers use speakers instead of headsets but, a headset will make a difference for sure with reproducing the games sound effects along with supplying an overall excellent gaming experience.
Click here, to check The Best Headset for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
In order that, we have done a complete article to fulfill our mission for the search of PS4 Headsets, not just that but also, we have written a buyer’s guide for you at the epilogue of this article to make it easier for you to make up your mind.
Best PS4 Headsets
1. Astro A50 – The Best PS4 Gaming Headset
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Precision Microphone
- 5GHz Wireless Technology
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound
The Astro A50 is one of the best gaming headsets; it is established with an incredible resilient design, great durability, in addition to a super comfortable design that has been adorned with a fantastic set of ear cups that can be worn for many hours without feeling itchy nor hot from its use.
The A50 headset is one of the best in the gaming realm; perhaps they are not so compatible with casual everyday use as they are described to be not the most outdoor friendly headphones.
Regardless, this is a wireless headset that can be used for up to 15 hours thanks to its strong battery life, the headset feels so light on the head with a microphone attached on the side.
The Astro A50 is established from stellar materials that surpass its superb attire; it might have some flashy color scheme with a near neon green, and pale grey that results in making this product the a great wireless headset for PS4 that can still look and feel like gaming headphones.
Above all the glam, this device is adorned with a quick and easy to use volume dial, a slider that lets you switch between different EQ presets, and also, a Dolby button to easily start the surround sound effect, what more could you want in a PS4 headset?
- Strong audio quality.
- Good microphone quality.
- Fit and sturdy design.
- Extremely easy to use.
- High price.
- Poor noise isolation.
It is highly recommended to all the hardcore gaming fanatics who love to play for long hours daily and in need for a product that will endure heavy gaming sessions.
Read more: The Best 4k Monitors for PS4 Pro, Check it here.
2. SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Best PS4 Wireless Headset
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4G connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the S1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS Headphone: X v2.0 7.1 surround sound (PC only)
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Compatible only with PC,Mac,PS,Switch and Mobile; Headphone Sensitivity: 98 db
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 is considered to be one of the best wireless gaming headsets in the market as it has set some standards for other gaming headsets making it the top leading one in the rank.
The wireless headset looks incredibly sleek and sophisticated, with an elegant touch and high appearance along with its magnificent adjustable headband.
SteelSeries offers the Arctis 7 in either black or white, both colors are delivered in simplicity and style.
The right ear cup has a power button and a chat volume slider, a regular volume slider can be found on the left ear cup, along with a micro USB port for charging and an audio port that can connect to a 3.5mm jack for mobile listening.
The Arctis 7 is named the relaxed fit all because of its fit and snug design which allows you to use the headset while playing for long hours without feeling any sort of discomfort.
Another bonus, this wireless headset is very lightweight and so increases the points in the comfort area.
The headset’s gaming performance is pretty dynamic and all in recognition of its various equalization options that allows you to get wild with configurations and change the settings to your liking whether you use the headset as a headphone and want to listen to music or have a video chat conversation; it made setting up game profiles pretty simple.
The Arctis 7 runs on the SteelSeries Engine 3 software; a well designed program which lets you set up the audio profiles and also toy around with the microphone options.
The headset also comes with a retractable and flexible mic located on the left ear cup, it has a decent recording quality.
- Sufficient sound quality.
- Wireless headset.
- Snug and comfortable.
- Versatile and durable.
- Acceptable price tag.
- Small mute button.
- Might not be suitable for large heads.
Final verdict, the stylish SteelSeries Arctis 7 is deemed as one of the best PS4 wireless headsets because of its comfort, functional and versatile use that also comes in a budget worthy price range, making it hard to resist and forces you to get it.
3. Razer Kraken Pro V2 – Best Value Headset for PS4
- Featuring neodymium magnets, the 50mm Razer custom tuned drivers have been designed and tuned for greater audio immersion
- Optimum form factor for maximum comfort no matter how long the gaming session
- The headband, made of Bauxite aluminum, is both lightweight and extremely flexible
- Fully-retractable microphone with in-line remote for crystal clear communication
- Oval ear cushions-Designed for full-ear coverage, perfect for long-wearing comfort. Sensitivity at 1 kHz- 123 dB..Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
The Razer Kraken Pro is a symbol for simplicity, in spite of the fact that it still offers great sound quality and a comfortable design.
We can truly say that this product is one of the good headsets for PS4 in the market nowadays, it feels considerably fit in the hand, and adorns premium quality because it has been built with perhaps the perfect mix of materials at this price point.
The Kraken Pro is available in two colors: solid black or bright catchy neon green, whatever color you get; it will surely catch the attention of anyone in the room.
Both have black memory foam ear cups. Its large, over the ear cups and memory foam padding let the headset sit securely on the head without being flimsy.
Also, it is very light enough to not weigh down on the user’s head making it even more comfortable.
The Kraken headset hooked up microphone is retractable, and can be tucked away easily into the left side of the headset.
When extended it is totally flexible, and allows the user to adjust to their preference.
Just like any gaming headset, the Kraken Pro handles bass very well, offering a 40mm stereo drivers that provide a satisfying blast of sounds to the ears.
Although it might not be the best headset for music because it was primarily invented for gaming and voice chatting while gaming, and at that, it works very well.
- Strong body quality.
- Convenient for all ear sizes.
- Super comfortable padding.
- Excellent detachable microphone.
- Not the strongest nor firm head grip.
- The braided cable generates annoying sounds.
Final words, the Razer Kraken Pro V2 is an unpretentious headset that still is taken as a superb stereo headset for gamers that excels in almost every area. Its price is certainly super friendly and so it is perfect for those who seek a gaming headset that gets the job done; easy and quick.
4. PlayStation Gold – A Good PS4 Headset for The Price
- A Headset for Gamers: Experience everything from the big booms to whisper quiet warnings in stunning 7.1 virtual surround sound and chat with friends through the hidden, noise canceling microphones
- With the Headset Companion App, download custom audio modes created exclusively for PlayStation 4 systems by developers that are specifically tuned to enhance the audio in your favorite games
- Stylish comfort: slip into comfort you can Enjoy for hours and a look you can take anywhere. Further customize your look by swapping out the removable faceplates for something more your style
- Designed with PlayStation VR in mind: Explore the incredible worlds of VR with a headset to be worn comfortably along with PlayStation VR
Sony’s PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset is one of those very affordable headset yet still delivers more than thought; it is one of the majorly bought best wireless headsets for gaming consoles.
The Gold Wireless Stereo Headset comes in a blue and black chic and functional design; you will comfortably be able to find all of the controls located on the left ear cup including the power switch which not only switches it on and off but also allows you switch between two fully customizable audio profiles.
In addition to the rest of the controllers: a volume up and down buttons, a mute button, a button that lets you set the balance between game audio and multiplayer chat, and a toggle button to switch between virtual surround and standard two-channel stereo sound.
The Gold Headset provides a good sound quality considering its price; it offers decent and nice sound reproducing system. You will be able to hear a moderate clear quality while playing shooting games.
In terms of battery life, the wireless headset can stay alive for about 8 hours of use on a single charge but of course, the intensity of your use along with different sound controllers will determine how long can the headset live.
- Affordable price.
- Great value.
- Stylish, fit and comfortable design.
- Durable battery life.
- Limited audio tweaking.
- No boom microphone.
- Weak bass.
All in all, the PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset is a decent gaming headset and offers a great value considering its affordable price; its stylish design plays a role in its eye catching factors.
5. Corsair Void RGB – Best PS4 Wireless Headset for The Price
- Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam provide exceptional comfort
- Legendary CORSAIR build quality ensures long term durability; Cable Length :1.8 m
- Custom tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers bring the action to life with wide range and accuracy
- Optimized unidirectional microphone with LED mute indicator reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality
- Genuine Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround delivers immersive multi-channel audio
The Corsair Void Pro RGB is one of the most impressive wireless headsets in the gaming realm as it offers impressive sound reproducing quality and a unique, new design that surely has everyone talking, it is without a doubt one of the best budget gaming headsets for PS4.
Its design is a new yet odd looking; the ear cups are kite-shaped rather than round, its materials are quite sturdy so they will not break easily. The Void weighs less than some of its competitors, making it more comfortable to wear for long gaming sessions.
The Corsair Void Pro RGB comes in both wired and wireless versions, and you can choose from a range of colors.
The headset sits comfortably on your head and not causing any irritation to your ears.
You will find a mic arm on the left cup that can be lowered and raised to turn the mic on and off, also when you do so; the headset will alarm you when the mic is raised or lowered.
The controllers can most be found on the left ear cup which are the mute and power buttons, you will find a volume rocker sitting on the rear that also works as a button to change through EQ settings.
Setting up the Corsair Void Pro RGB is pretty easy and simple; its software lets you adjust the settings to your preference, there might not be a huge variety of customization but you will surely be able to change the colors from a wide collection.
The Corsair Void Pro RGB does not disappoint when it comes to superb sound quality; it is pretty balanced for a gaming headset because EQ presets allows you to adjust bass and other settings to a level that is easy to your ears.
The wireless version’s battery life is on another level than any wireless gaming headset in the market; it can stay on for 12 hours with all the RGB lighting being turned up. On the other hand, it can stay up to 15 hours easily if you go with dark mode without turning any light.
- Incredible price.
- Supreme sound quality.
- Stellar battery life
- Odd yet unique design.
- Needs better soundproofing.
- Mic might not be turned on right away.
Last but not least, the Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless is a good PS4 gaming headset; it is totally in the price range of average gamers and yet still offers impressive quality.
6. Corsair HS50 – Great Value Headset for PS4
- Premium Build Quality: Legendary CORSAIR build quality featuring rugged metal structural components ensure long term durability
- Precision Gaming Audio: Specially tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers bring superior sound quality with wide range and accuracy
- Crystal Clear Microphone: Optimized unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality and is easily detached for use on the go
- On Ear Control: Easy access on ear volume and mute controls for adjustments on the fly
- Discord Certified: Play with the confidence that your microphone and audio drivers have been tested and evaluated for crystal clear communication and outstanding sound
The Corsair HS50 might look like a regular headset, in any case, this headset does not do much to distinguish itself; this is a versatile device for you to own without questioning its capabilities because it offers more than it appeals.
The HS50 has a variety of color choices; the headset can come with a choice of black, blue or green.
The headset is large with equally large cups that rest comfortably as they fit around your entire ears with a lot of ease, you can wear it for long hours on end without feeling any kind of discomfort.
On the left ear side, you will find a detachable microphone as well as a volume controlling wheel and a mute button.
The Corsair HS50 is one of the best gaming headsets because you can connect it to various consoles and platforms via a 3.5 mm audio jack. It might be a stereo headset but it certainly delivers decent sound quality with precise notes.
The HS50 can handle more than just gaming sessions, you can use it for other media purposes and it will work smoothly.
The HS50’s microphone might be bendy and compact but that does not affect its recording abilities, the boom microphone allows you to talk or record freely and produce crystal clear delicacy.
- Robust and snug feel.
- Decent audio quality.
- Excellent value.
- Basic outdated design.
- Mic can be lost.
Crucial points, the Corsair HS50 is quite an impressive device; it is a fantastic PS4 gaming headset, it offers brilliant value for a simple price tag, you surely will not regret owning this gem if you want a simple device that works without any hassles.
7. HyperX Cloud Stinger – Best PS4 Bluetooth Headset
- Lightweight headset with 90 degree rotating ear cups
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision
- Hyperx signature memory foam. Adjustable steel slider
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone. Multi-platform compatibility. Refer instruction manual before use
The Cloud Stinger is one of the sharpest jewels of the gaming headsets realm; it generates everything a gamer would look for in a good headset for PS4; it reproduces excellent audio quality, it is very comfortable and durable, and above all; it is the most affordable in the market.
The Stinger’s appearance is adorned with a wired stereo plastic headset, however, it does not feel nor look cheap because of the plastic used. It is totally lightweight on the head and also it is very easy to take anywhere.
The Cloud Stinger can be connected to various platforms: mobile devices as well as games consoles, which makes it the best PS4 bluetooth headset as not all headsets are capable of being compatible with many devices.
The Stinger is covered with faux leather and padded ear cups, the cups can be rotated 90 degrees, the headset be can easily adjust to all head shapes and sizes; on the left cup, you will find a noise-cancelling microphone attached, it might not be detachable but it is extremely flexible and has an excellent voice separation feature from the background even in noisy environments.
On the right cup, you will find a volume slider allowing easy and fast sound adjustment.
HyperX Cloud Stinger rejoices a superb audio quality considering its price, mid any gaming session you will be able to hear gunshots clearly and explosions never felt so raw, and it is all because its sweet and heavy bass quality.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Good sound quality.
- Pocket worthy and friendly.
- Non detachable microphone.
Utmost judgment, the HyperX Cloud Stinger is without a doubt a great gaming headset for the money; probably the cheapest in the market yet delivers stunning performance with its comfortable fit size and great sound reproducing.
8. Sennheiser GSP 300 – Best Headset for PS4
- SIGNATURE SOUND DYNAMICS - The GSP 300 wired gaming headset features Sennheiser's famed sound technology with closed acoustics and improved ambient noise isolation for the realism that your games deserve
- IMMERSIVE BASS - Enhanced audio bass and clarity dramatically improves your in-game sound experience
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A broadcast-quality, noise-cancelling microphone cuts out breathing and background noise with a convenient flip-to-mute feature (10-15,000 Hz frequency response)
- COMFORTABLE FEEL - Luxurious noise-isolating memory foam earpads and adjustable split headband reduces pressure and provides optimal comfort for long gaming sessions
- VERSATILE COMPATIBILITY - The included PCV 05 Adapter lets you connect with PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, mobile phones, and devices with a 3.5 mm audio jack input
The Sennheiser GSP 300 is a modest and straightforward gaming headset that truly transmit high quality audio with an easy setup, it will be your new favorite device thanks to its comfortable yet bulky body design.
The GSP 300 might adorn a simple and plain all-black attire, it is not for outdoor use for sure but when it comes to gaming, this headset designed for the long gaming periods.
Just behind the right ear cup, you will find a volume control knob along with two 3.5 mm jacks: one for audio, and the other one for the mic.
The Sennheiser headset is graced with two sets of faux yet very breathable and comfortable padded cups, once you wear it; it will fit right onto your head and will not cause any sort of discomfort even if worn for long periods.
The GSP 300 is one of the best choices for PS4 Headsets in the league when it comes to its gaming performance; the audio produced is very strong regardless of which game genre you are playing, you will feel every hit and miss loud and clear.
However, it might lack some tuning accounting some games who have powerful noises.
If you use the GSP 300 for other media purposes, they will still deliver high end quality because they work just as fantastic as a regular headphone. One of the greatest perks of the GSP 300 is no software needed nor a USB connection, you just plug it in and play.
The microphone is quite decent as well, you can use it to record clear clips and it will reproduce them in great quality.
- Snug and comfortable.
- Plug and play setup.
- Simple design.
- Overly priced.
Bottom line, It has a totally simple design and an even simpler modest system, it is perfect for those who want to have the best of both worlds; gaming and music.
9. ASTRO Gaming A40 TR – Best Gaming Headset for PS4
- Tuned for Gaming with ASTRO Audio: optimized by ASTRO audio engineers and pro gamers
- Superior Fit & Finish: premium materials and construction, highly adjustable and lightweight
- Mod Kit Ready: go from an open-back to a closed-back noise isolating headset with swappable Mod Kit components (sold separately)
- Customizable Speaker Tags: personalize your headset with our magnetic speaker tag system; Host Interface: Mini-phone
- Swappable Precision Microphone: Highly sensitive omni-directional mic that focuses on your voice and minimizes background noise. It can be positioned on either side of the A40 TR headset.
The A40 adorns a class-leading audio quality which makes it a total gem to be bought.
The wired headset is graced with a glossy finish touch to its exterior look; it has a strong and durable body which might seem bulky but it is very lightweight and so completely accessible to carry around everywhere.
The ear cups are very comfy and breathable making them adjust nicely to your head, all thanks to its structural support which has a sliding technique to get the headset to be positioned fittingly to the head, and in result, they are valuably comfortable to wear for long periods: a goodie provided from their soft pads.
The gaming headset has a detachable, flexible boom microphone located on the left cup as well as having a connector to the included MixAmp Pro TR.
It is a medium sized box that sits on your surroundings which allows you to adjust the controls to your likings without any hassles especially for its volume dial option.
The microphone is quite decent and impressive too, it allows you to talk to your teammates while streaming and they will be able to hear you loud and clear.
The A40’s sound interpretation is quite raw, clear and strong; the headset outputs superfine gaming sound effects as well as pleasurable music quality all thanks to its equalization presets that enable ideal audio performance.
- Good sound quality.
- Sturdy body build.
- Can be worn for long time.
- Wide customization options.
- MixAmp controller.
- For a wired headset surely costs a fortune.
- Dull, normal design.
In other words, it will deliver solid performance whether in durability or sound abilities. It might be relatively expensive due to its wired cord but it has quite the charming features that makes it all worth it.
10. HyperX Cloud Revolver S – Best PS4 Gaming Headset
- Studio grade sound stage
- Signature HyperX memory foam with premium leatherette
- Durable steel frame; TeamSpeak and Discord certified noise cancelling mic
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone. Weight with mic:376 gram
- Next generation directional 50 millimeter drivers
The Cloud Revolver is one versatile beauty; you can see it glowing with high quality, the Revolver is an improved resumption of previous gaming headsets and we promise that it will not disappoint.
The headband frame is totally made of thin steel, it is attached to the ear cups which are made of hard plastic; underneath the metal frame you will find a super soft, leather pad that is garnished with a unique white lace stitches to make the logos on the ear cups more prominent.
The HyperX Cloud Revolver is all about the durable steel frame that is made for long lasting durability and stability.
Its detachable noise-cancellation microphone offers clearer voice quality and reduced background noise for better in game chats; the noise cancelling boom microphone is made of soft, bendable plastic, and is removable; it connects via a 3.5mm jack, so you can take it out when you just want to listen to music, or if you are not the streaming games fan.
The audio performance is as clear as crystal; this gaming headset produces high end audio that enriches your gaming experience but also comes in handy if you are a music enthusiast.
The dongle features a long, braided USB cable which can be easily plugged into the back of your PC, and also has a clip on its back so you can attach it to your clothes to make sure the cords do not get in the way while gaming.
The USB sound box has also made it very fruitful to adjust the volume all thanks to its big buttons that can: mute the microphone, switch on or off presets, and control volume sliders better.
- Great audio quality.
- Sturdy yet refined design.
- Extra comfy ear cups.
- Perfectly head fitting.
- Good microphone quality.
- A bit pricey.
- Metal band makes noise.
All in all, the HyperX Revolver S is an excellent sound reproducing device, it is one of the PS4 gaming headsets that gives powerful performance with comfort and a versatile options. What more would a gamer want?
11. HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro – A Premium Headset for PS4
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature Award Winning HyperX comfort. Impedance: 65 ohms
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband. Sound pressure level : 98dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control.Sensitivity 43dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone
The HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro is one of the premium products made by the Cloud line of gaming headsets.
It certainly reproduces studio-like sound and not just that but It is adorning a robust and attractive aluminum design, a very cozy set of memory foam ear cups, the gaming headset is suitable to be taken anywhere.
It proved it can outbeat its prior versions, as it offers a slightly wider frequency response and many more features.
The Alpha Pro has a sweet looking design, it features the familiar red-and-black Cloud color scheme just like its previous versions, the headset has a red aluminum headband frame with contrast stitching on its memory foam padding.
The ear cups feature soft, memory-foam padding and a red HyperX logo on the sides, however, there is no padding on the inside walls of the ear cups.
The Cloud Alpha has an included carrying case which is a thin cloth bag instead of the more robust padded one included with the Cloud/Cloud II.
HyperX also ditched the small rubber piece that sealed off the Cloud’s microphone port when the mic was detached.
The Alpha Pro’s gaming performance is quite excellent, it will grant you an extremely incredible gaming experience.
The headset also features a 50mm dual-chamber drivers where one chamber houses the lower, bass frequencies and the other chamber contains the mid and high frequencies.
- Excellent audio quality.
- Sleek, premium design.
- Vertaile cables available.
- Great value for the price.
- Upper audio range can cause some noises.
- Ear cups can feel tight.
All in all, the HyperX Cloud Alpha is a remarkable, one of a kind headset for its offered price, it delivers durability, with ever so slightly better audio sound and significantly better cabling. It is one of the high-end PS4 gaming headsets for its affordable price tag.
12. HyperX Cloud II – The Best PS4 Headset
- USB Audio Sound Card with 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
- 53mm Drivers Neodymium Magnets. Sound coupling to the ear is circumaural
- Noise Cancelling Microphone via Inline Sound Card. 15 25kKhz Frequency Response
- Echo Cancelling via Inline Sound Card.Ambient noise attenuation:approx. 20 dBa
- Memory foam ear pads with extra set of Velour ear pads and Detachable Microphone
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II is a one hell of a headset, it is made specially to provide everything to an average gamer and collect everything a good ps4 gaming headset would contain.
It brags big with its 53mm drivers, splendid sound processing, and detachable microphone.
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II has a pretty laid back appearance; the brushed metal finish feels good, the black colour scheme is muted, and the logos are relatively subtle.
Perhaps it is not the most fashionable portable pair of headphones, but it is certainly not something you would feel too ashamed to wear out on the street.
The HyperX features a redesigned USB sound card audio control box that amplifies audio and voice for an optimal Hi-Fi gaming experience, so you can hear what you’ve been missing.
This headset delivers superb and vivid sound quality that lets you feel as if you are inside the game from the purity of the sound.
HyperX Cloud II provides a digitally enhanced, noise cancelling microphone with automatic gain control functionality and echo cancellation enabled through the USB sound card.
The result is clearer voice quality and reduced background noise, with voice volume automatically increasing as in-game sound gets louder, to optimize team communication and in-game chat in intense battles.
- Stylish design.
- Extremely plush comfortable.
- Vibrant sound quality.
- Reasonable price.
- Weak carry case.
- Bass could use some improvements.
Final thoughts, the Kingston HyperX Cloud II delivers great quality as it is packed with many splendid features and has a lot of great extras especially at such a reasonable price, the Cloud II is a total catch.
13. SteelSeries Arctis Pro – Best Wireless Headset for PS4
- Dual Wireless technology provides rock solid, 2.4G wireless lossless audio for gaming, combined with bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices
- Premium Hi Res speakers with high density neodymium magnets reproduce a full, expansive frequency range from 10 to 40,000 Hz with stunning realism and clarity
- Luxurious lightweight steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent fit. Headphone sensitivity:102 dB SPL
- 2 included swappable batteries allow you to charge a battery in the base station, while using the other for more than 20 hours of gaming
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation; Refer to the PDF attached below in technical specification for user guide
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless is a premium and is known to be a great ps4 wireless headset that comes in a totally worth it upgraded look that has taken over the market by a storm.
The Arctis Pro Wireless headset might seem close to a previous version’s attire but this improved one has a battery and Bluetooth controls.
The all black appearance is quite breathtaking, the headset comes with rubberized plastic ear cups with breathable air weave cushions; this allows the headset to sit smoothly on large heads who face a problem with getting a suitable headset.
On the left ear cup you will find a visible mute button, a clickable multi-purpose volume wheel, a connector for the included headset cable, a 3.5mm audio jack, a micro USB port for charging, and a boom mic that stays retracted inside the ear cup when not in use.
On the right ear cup you will take notice of only two buttons that responsible for power and bluetooth.
The Arctis Pro Wireless is an impressive gaming headset because it provides superb sound quality; the headset automatically eliminates distorted noises, you will be able to hear explosions and gunshot sound effects as if you were on the game scene.
You can also use the headset on its own over Bluetooth which will come in handy if you want to play music or use the headset for chatting from your mobile phone, kudos to the Arctis Pro’s incredible microphone that sounds very good.
- Brilliant audio quality.
- Sound transmitter.
- Super comfortable.
- Lots of connection options.
- Microphone isolations is good but could be better.
- Expensive for other wireless headsets.
Final verdict, although the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless might cost a fortune but it is eventually a remarkable and impressive device that is the best PS4 headset with an unprecedented sound quality performance.
14. Turtle Beach Elite 800 – A Good Wireless Headset for PS4
- Enhanced DTS Surround Sound Modes and Presets: Custom DTS HeadphoneX 7.1 surround sound modes combine with enhanced Turtle beach genre specific presets to further immerse you in your favorite games, movies and music
- Dynamic Chat Boost: Communicate game winning plays to your squad clearly thanks to automatically boosted team chat audio
- Active Noise Cancellation: Completely immerse yourself in your gaming experience and eliminate unwanted distractions with active noise cancellation
- Mic Monitoring: Say it; don't shout it, thanks to the ability to hear the volume of your own voice inside the headset
- Magnetic Charging Stand: Easily charge and store your headset when not in use
The Elite 800 look and feel incredibly classy with its matte finish and adorning some curvy edges making it hard to miss, the headset might be a bit heavy but they surely feel comfortable and snug stemmed from the memory foam ear cups.
However, this gaming headset is bulky and not an easy device to be ported anywhere so we must say it is only fit for indoor use or if you own a large carry bag then go for it.
The Elite 800 contains a couple of touch controllers that are very sensitive to simple touches which might lead to triggering them, some of these controllers are call controls and noise cancelling.
The Turtle Beach Elite 800 has a decent sound performance, the bass is amazing and not overpowering but the treble and mid have room for improvement as they are in average level, they headset also distorts the sound from time to time at high volume.
One of the Elite 800 perks is its 18 sound presets across four modes which allows the gamers to easily face options that are suitable to each game he plays.
On the other hand, the Elite 800 face some struggles with cancelling surround noise effectively so it is not recommended for outdoor environments use.
The microphone quality is very decent although the recording quality might be below average, but it does a superb job at isolating the outside noise and picking up only your voice.
After testing we can say that the Elite 800 can promise you the ultimate usage up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge.
- Elegant, classy design.
- Double agent; wireless and bluetooth headset.
- Opulent sound quality.
- Strong battery life.
- A bit snug for some users.
- Flooding preset menu.
Final thoughts, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 is full of rich factors that make it quite hard to resist buying; they are comfortable and durable with a strong battery life. This device is the best PS4 wireless and bluetooth headset in the market.
15. Logitech G633 – Best PS4 Headphones
- EXCEPTIONAL AUDIO PERFORMANCE: The G633 Artemis Spectrum produces crisp 7.1 Dolby and DTS headphone surround sound. The advanced Pro-G drivers and On-Board Equalizers allow customizable audio for serious gamers
- COMPATABLE ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS: This gaming headphone is compatible with PCs, mobile devices, PS4s, the Xbox One, and more.Frequency response: 100Hz-20KHz
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in two devices (1 USB and a 3.5-millimeter connection) to answer calls and play music without interrupting your gaming session
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Utilize Logitech Gaming Software to choose from millions of lighting colors, set customized audio EQ, and program three G-keys with your favorite game macros
- FOLDAWAY NOISE-CANCELLING MIC: The flexible boom microphone includes an LED light to let you know when you're on mute settings. Fold it back when not in use for a superior audio experience
The Logitech G633 is one of the easiest compatible and best PS4 headphones; they are extremely comfortable and feature a powerful audio performance along with a deep software and sturdy appearance.
At first attempt, sliding the G633 onto your head might not be so smooth but slowly and slowly it will fit but careful it might slip away.
The headset offers two separate cables: a USB cable for computers and a 3.5 mm audio cable for almost every other use, the audio cable has some controllers such as: an in-line microphone, a mute button, and a play/pause button, it will come in handy for when taking phone calls or listening to music on a phone.
On the left ear cup you will find a collection of controllers; you can program three of these buttons to do whatever you want in the Logitech Gaming Software, but as default options: they switch sound profiles, the other two buttons are for volume dial, and a PC/3.5 mm switch.
As we mentioned above, perhaps putting on the headset is painful but once it is set you will feel the comfort from the ear cups which feel plush and supportive, you can also adjust the headband enough to get a suitable snug for your head.
The Logitech G633 surely did not disappoint in the gaming performance section; you will be able to hear subtle sound changes from bombs, missiles to average talking it will deliver a great soundstage overall. The microphone also endures a superb quality whether for recording or for in-game talking.
The headset has an included Logitech Gaming Software app which allows you to adjust the backlighting colors of the headset which is a nice customization touch.
- Highly customizable: buttons and RGB lights.
- Excellent and easy software.
- Compatible with all consoles and platforms.
- Splendid sound quality for gaming and music.
- Not easy to take everywhere.
16. SteelSeries Siberia 840 – Best PS4 Bluetooth Headset
- Lag-free 2.4GHz wireless audio with up to 40ft/12m range and more than 20 hours of battery life
- Bluetooth mobile connectivity to take calls, join VoIP chat, and stream music wirelessly
- OLED transmitter delivers complete audio control and charges included swappable headset batteries
- Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound on PC (stereo audio available on Mac, PS4, Xbox One, VR, Switch, and Mobile)
- On-ear convenient controls to adjust audio settings, volume and mute
The SteelSeries Siberia 840 is a rebranded and improved device over the Siberia 800, although they might seem identical, they have differences that we will point out in a bit.
The bluetooth headset is adorned with a set of faux leather earbuds that are covered in memory foam; they are extremely comfortable to wear even for long periods.
One of the Siberia 840 perks is having the microphone be slotted back inside the headphones which is a useful trick for removing the mic in unwanted moments.
The setup process is surely a lot easier than it was in Siberia 800; all you have to do is connect the transmitter with the console of your choice and you are set to go.
The 840 can not be charged using a usb connector, all you have to do is charge the headphones’ removable battery using a custom dock in the transmitter station; the headset is bought with two batteries, thus it is easier for you to always have one charging while the other is being used in the headset.
The audio performance is more than good for gaming reasons, you will be able to hear sharp sounds whether high gun fires or sneaky opponent steps, they will be clear as the sun. The microphone is good enough for just in-game chatting.
- Clear and precise audio.
- Good quality construction.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Comfortable fit.
- On headset controls.
- Microphone could be better.
- Two battery situation.
- A bit expensive.
Last words, the SteelSeries Siberia 840 has some improved features than its old rebranded version, the Bluetooth is a nice touch and is definitely worth the extra bucks.
Although it might be expensive but it is a worth it headset as it offers what every gamer would look for: comfort, excellent sound quality and a bunch of more features.
Buyer’s Guide for PS4 Headsets:
After we have listed above the PS4 headsets found in a store near you for you to consider, it is time to finalize our article by outlining some points for you to take notice off in order to know what look for in order to find a good PS4 gaming headset for you:
Sound Quality: probably what any gamer tries and first experiments with in a headset when in a store; to get a good headset with good sound quality, you need to be aware of two things:
Bass: it is how far the depth of the sounds is.
Treble: the high sound frequencies.
Noise Cancellation: very important for outdoor usage as it helps with isolating the unnecessary voices and getting rid of external distractions so you can have a clear sound experience.
Comfort: make sure to go to the store and try them on yourself; search for plush, padded ear cups or ones who have memory foam because they will generate comfort and you will be able to play for long hours without feeling any irritation or discomfort.
Microphone: it is quite important in online games especially for the streamers or those who use headphones, find a headset that produces crystal clear voice recordings to be able to communicate easily with your teammates, but we suggest getting an external microphone to ensure the ultimate quality.
Open or Closed Body: Closed headsets will completely isolate unwanted noise from the outside; which is super convenient for loud sound players or those who prefer outdoor gaming. Open headsets have perforated ear cups that help in creating a more natural, less muffled sounds.
Durability: any product is mainly tested on the first look from its feel of material, metal is slightly better than plastic, it will endure hard falls and tough uses. So make sure to get a headset that is manufactured from premium material qualities.
Wired or Wireless: this choice will depend on a user’s preferences, a wired headset will not require charging but it will not be convenient for moving around. On the other hand, a wireless headset is perfect for outdoor gaming but will cause limited playing game hours.