Best Headset for CS:GO: In the gaming world, many people often neglect sound, they consider it only as an afterthought. But, on the contrary, it is a very big deal.
It is the norm for us to commonly see someone playing with an expensive computer, on a large and vivid screen, but find them using the inbuilt speakers or small in-ear headphones.
While they certainly get the job done, they don’t add much depth or immersion to the gaming experience.
Like screen speakers, dedicated gaming headsets are usually not great either. They often offer inferior sound quality than music-focused headphones.
They are handy for when you are talking with your friends, as they will not hear your keyboard noise, but you can set up a microphone that way too.
To avoid these two pitfalls, we have found the best headsets for CS:GO. Headsets that offer everything you need for great sound quality, and everything you need for a full gaming experience (a mic and in-line controls etc.).
When it comes to highly competitive online games like CS:GO, headsets are a must. They allow you to hear even the slightest of sounds which can give you a big advantage. Check out the headsets below, and hopefully, they’ll help give you an edge.
10 Best Headsets for CS:GO
- HyperX Cloud II – Best Headset for CS:GO
- Razer Kraken Pro V3 – Best Gaming Headset for CS:GO
- Sennheiser GAME ZERO – Best Microphone for CS:GO
- Astro A50 – Best Wireless Headset For CS:GO
- Sennheiser HD 559 – Best Headphone for CS:GO
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50X – Best CS:GO Headphones For The Value
- HyperX Cloud Stinger – Best Budget Headset for CS:GO
- HyperX Cloud Revolver – A Great Headset for CS:GO
- Sennheiser GAME One – A Good Gaming Headset for CS:GO
- SteelSeries Arctic 1 – A Light-Weight Headset for CS:GO
1. HyperX Cloud II – Best Headset for CS:GO
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
- Built to last: The solid, durable aluminum frame is built to withstand the blows of daily use
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II is a one of a kind headset. It mainly aims to offer everything the average gamer would want, making it a best headset for streaming in general.
It boasts big 53mm drivers, surround sound processing, and a detachable microphone.
The HyperX features a redesigned USB sound card audio control box that amplifies audio and voice for an optimal Hi-Fi gaming experience, so you can hear what you’ve been missing.
HyperX Cloud II offers a digitally enhanced, noise canceling microphone with automatic gain control functionality and echo cancellation enabled through the USB sound card.
The result is clearer voice quality and reduced background noise, with voice volume automatically increasing as in-game sound gets louder, to optimize team communication and in-game chat in intense battles.
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II has a pretty reserved exterior; the brushed metal finish feels good, the black color scheme is muted, and the logos are relatively subtle.
Perhaps it is not the most fashionable portable pair of headphones, but it is certainly not something you would feel too ashamed to wear out on the street.
- Stylish, lightweight design.
- Extremely plush comfortable.
- Extravagant sound quality.
- Delicate carry case.
- Not a very good bass.
All in all, the Kingston HyperX Cloud II surely sounds great, it is packed with loads of features and has a lot of great extras, making it one of the best gaming headsets for CS:GO available at a pretty reasonable price.
2. Razer Kraken Pro V3 – Best Gaming Headset for CS:GO
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 50 millimeter drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound (only available on Windows 10 64-bit)
- All-Day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone: An improved cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Line Audio Controls: A built-in an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch
The Razer Kraken Pro is the embodiment of simplicity, while still offering great sound quality and a comfortable design.
We can truly say that this piece is one best gaming headset for CS:GO. It feels great in the hand, and has been built with perhaps the perfect blend of materials at this price point.
The Kraken is available in six different color schemes – from black to eye-burning neon green or pink. It also comes in a ‘kitty’ version with added cat ears – they’ll certainly get the attention of anyone on the stream.
It’s huge, over the ear cups and memory foam padding let the headset sit securely on the head without pinching, and it is very light enough to not weigh down on the user’s head. All versions have cooling gel ear cups, great for long CS:GO sessions.
The microphone hooked up on the Kraken is retractable, and neatly can be tucked away into the left side of the headset. When extended it is totally flexible and allows the user to adjust to their preference.
Also, the headset offers an enjoyable listening experience across a wide spectrum of applications, making it a top choice for all the CS:GO headset users.
Like any good gaming headset, the Kraken Pro handles bass very well, offering a 50mm stereo drivers that provide a satisfying blast of sounds to the ears. This is not the best headset for music, but it is primarily intended for gaming and voice chat in gaming, and at that, it works very well.
- Ear size convenient and friendly.
- Super comfortable padding.
- Strong build quality.
- Excellent microphone.
- Not the strongest nor firm head grip.
- The braided cable generates annoying sounds.
Overall, the Razer Kraken Pro V3 is a simple, yet a superb stereo headset for gamers that excels in almost every area. For its price, it surely exceeds other competitors in the field, this headset is best for those who want a plain device to get the job done.
3. Sennheiser GAME ZERO – Best Microphone for CS:GO
- CLOSED BACK - Closed back design featuring tailored leatherette double layered memory-foam ear pads for the maximum acoustic seal to block outside noise
- XXL EARCUPS - Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring XXL ear cups incorporating Sennheiser's model specific transducer technology delivering extreme sonic clarity
- NOISE-CANCELING MIC - Crystal clear conversations ensured with the professional quality noise-canceling microphone that automatically mutes when boom arm is raised
- FOLDABLE - Foldable design featuring a volume control located on the right ear cup with two cables included for multi platform compatibility
- VOLUME-CONTROL - A built-in volume control on the right ear cup of the Game Zero headset allows for on-the-fly adjustments. No need to switch out of your game to adjust the loudness of your game audio, the integrated volume wheel allows for quick finger-tip control while gaming
Audiophiles know Sennheiser is respected in the audio world from noise canceling earphones to massive DJ styled headphones; the headset comes in either white or black with shiny red highlights, but unlike the Game One (the company’s previous version), the Game Zero also sports a thin, flexible headband and foldable ear cups.
A small, handsome carrying case comes with the headset, making it incredibly easy to transport it. While the boom mic on the left ear cup is not detachable, the carrying case and foldable design make it feasible to bring the Game Zero along on your everyday trips.
The most notable feature about the Game Zero is the size of its earcups. It is billed as “XXL” where each is an enormous oval that fits over the ears with probably a half-inch to spare in every direction.
Despite that, they still seal exceptionally well and with minimal jaw squeezing and with no doubt, just amazingly comfortable, all around.
And as mentioned above, the Game Zero’s design is impeccably light; making it the best headphones for CS:GO combining between a sleek design and burnished size.
The headset has a pretty large microphone attached to it on the side, firmly affixed, and very obvious. You can swivel it up out of the way, this makes this set really only suitable for indoor use.
However, it has a pretty high quality sound recording system that comes in handy during in-game conversations, as well as Skype calls. Since the Game Zero has no software, the only outstanding features are the volume control knob and its foldable nature, both discussed above.
- Brilliant audio range coverage.
- Supremely comfortable.
- Easily portable and impeccably light.
- Solid plastic build.
- Superb microphone quality.
- Lavished price.
- Overemphasizes voices in both music and games.
- Does not support PS4.
Verdict, the Sennheiser Game Zero feels like a superbly premium quality gaming headset. It’s extremely light and comfortable to wear. Plus it also delivers amazing audio quality across the entire range from quiet moody music to in your face explosions and gunfire.
4. Astro A50 – Best Wireless Headset For CS:GO
- Astro Audio V2: Immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio: Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Battery life: 15+ hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Game: Voice balance: Gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software: The free Astro command center software gives players complete control over their audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings; Available on windows 10, Xbox 1 and Mac.
The Astro A50 is a phenomenal wireless headset. It is durable, lightweight, and above all, produces rich surround sound (along with other brilliant features), making it the best wireless headset for CS:GO.
This headset is a top leading device in the gaming league thanks to its incredible design and style; it is well-built as well as being super comfortable whilst wearing, its premium curvy look and eye-catching highlight colors are either in: bright-green (Xbox One) or blue (PS4).
They obtain a large pair of well-padded ear cups which are quite responsive and easy to control, perhaps they aren’t for outdoor gaming as they are bulky and do not have a detachable microphone but that does not mean they aren’t for casual usage.
The headset’s breathability is quite decent, the ear cups create a fairly good seal around your ears but they might cause some warmth if used for a long period of time.
One of the many merits of the Astro A50 is its MixAmp station which can be found right into the right ear cup, it allows you to quickly adjust the balance between game and chat audio which is very useful to multi-tasking gamers. It uses Dolby Audio, and comes with specialised tuning software.
The A50’s audio performance is sturdy and powerful, with its deep bass you will be able to feel as if the gunshots and grenades explosions are real. On another note, the microphone might not be with strong abilities but it will do the job fairly.
Fortunately, the headset can last up to 15+ hours which results in vigorous gaming sessions.
- Very comfortable and lightweight.
- Easy to use.
- Strong battery life.
- Powerful audio quality.
- Very expensive.
- Moderate microphone quality.
Final words, the A50 is an incredible CS:GO headset especially for its wirelessness and strong battery life, it makes it more easy and comfortable to endure the long gaming sessions while still delivering brilliant performance.
5. Sennheiser HD 559 – Best Headphone for CS:GO
- Open back, around ear design. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Powered by proprietary Sennheiser 38 millimeter, 50 ohm transducers
- Soft, replaceable ear pads for enhanced comfort
- Robust 3 meter detachable cable and 6.3 millimeter jack
The HD 559 is a bulky headphone built for all day comfort. It has a solid, well-built construction, with velour ear cups, a padded headband, and creak-free plastic body and hinges.
At the bottom you will find an audio port; the headphones come with a 3.5mm accessory adapter that is useful for those who use smaller headphone jacks.
The audio quality is superb; with the deep bass the headphones offer bringing clear sound without any distortion.
However, sound leakage might occur due to the headphone’s open back and that makes them not the perfect fit for use on a gaming stream, as any microphone can pick up on the leaked sound.
The Sennheiser HD 559 offers great value considering its price. It is an incredible stay-at-home-kind of headphones, so are limited to use on CS:GO. They are not ideal for outdoor use also not easy to use with mobile devices due to its thick cables. However, they are one of the best-sounding headphones, thanks to their splendid sound quality as they provide superior separation and dynamics making your hearing experience more animate and lifelike.
- Outstanding sound quality.
- Excellent sound sense.
- Detachable cable.
- Very comfortable and durable.
- Open back design not suitable for many uses.
- Lacks 3.5mm headphone jack.
Bottom line, the Sennheiser HD 559’s aesthetic appeal, comfort and high sound performance are everything a CS:GO headset lover would want, especially for the price range; this headphone is an incredible item to add to your gaming gear as it will deliver efficiency to the max.
6. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X – Best CS:GO Headphones For The Value.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 millimeter large aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with deep accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 degree swiveling earcups for easy one ear monitoring and professional grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50X is a headphone for the pros acknowledgement of its powerful bass, fantastic sound reproduction and chic design.
Perhaps the ATH-M50’s design is identical to its previous versions but with a couple of changes they presented us with many improvements such as: adding a removable cable and adjusting the sound profile.
The headphone obtains a large over-ear pair of speakers, they are comfortable to wear and better yet, produce amazing sound.
Another improved feature you will find in this version is its removable cable; the socket is a standard 2.5mm port, the headphones come with an extra 1.2m cable for portable use and two longers: one coiled and one straight, they are great for at-home use making this headphone very versatile as it offers multi-usage ways making it the best headphones for CS:GO.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50X offer high-end sound performance with deep bass and more easily equalization settings, your gaming experience will be a top-notch and a joy as you will be able to hear the bombs and missiles loud and clear.
- Great sound reproduction.
- Good and comfortable.
- Powerful bass.
- Detachable collection of cables.
- Could use a better isolation update.
- Not mobile use friendly (bulky cables).
All in all, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X propose great value taking everything into its offered price, they are simply a smash and would be everything you want in a pair of headphones chiefly because of their moderately pricing.
7. HyperX Cloud Stinger – Best Budget Headset for CS:GO
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
The Cloud Stinger is one of the most budget friendly gaming headsets you will be liable to find. The Cloud Stinger is a wired stereo headset, and features a jet-black design with a large red HyperX logo on each ear cup.
It has a pleasing weight to it, and the plastic materials have a matte coating that lends an air of sophistication.
All surfaces are matte black expect the red HyperX logo on the side of each earcup. HyperX does not offer any other color options for the Cloud Stinger.
The microphone and headset cable are permanently attached to the left earcup. The mic sits at the end of a flexible rubber boom, which you can swivel up to mute the mic.
The 4.5-foot headset cable terminates in a 3.5 mm plug, so it works with all kind of devices in the market, whether mobiles or game consoles.
HyperX also includes a 3.5-foot extension cable that has two 3.5mm plugs to use with PCs that have separate headphone and microphone jacks.
The sound quality aboard the Stinger is impressive given its price; with music playing, you can easily pinpoint where each instrument resides in the mix which is something you can not do with most budget headsets.
You get a similar positive experience in games when it comes to pinpointing enemies or the direction of incoming gunshots.
The best and notable feature considering the sound is a volume controller located on the earbud, it is extremely useful in mid game situations.
- Excellent audio quality for the money paid.
- Has volume/mic controls on the headset itself.
- The earpieces are very comfortable.
- Non-detachable microphone.
- Not the highest microphone quality.
Final words, the Cloud Stinger is a remarkable headset offering all the needed basic features: solid sound, serious comfort, and an attractive design making it a great CS:GO headset option for anyone taking their first try into gaming headsets, or anyone who just needs a get the job done kind of headset without the accompanying wallet-shock.
8. HyperX Cloud Revolver – A Great Headset for CS:GO
- [Wide, studio-grade sound stage]: allowes you to hear sounds from further away more accurately - perfect for FPS and open environment settings
- [HyperX 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound]: Get the most out of your gaming experience with surround sound that’s precise with distance and depth.
- [Advanced USB Audio Control Box]: The sound card boosts your audio and enhances noise cancellation. Dedicated buttons toggle surround sound, mic mute and adjust mic and headphone output levels.
- [50mm directional drivers]: Directional drivers are positioned parallel to the ears and deliver crisp, precise audio with enhanced bass.
- [Dense, higher-quality signature HyperX memory foam]: Provides long-lasting Cloud comfort to keep you focused during your intense gaming marathons.
The Cloud Revolver is a great headset for CS:GO headset – it boasts high quality in design and sound.
Designed in Germany, the HyperX Cloud Revolver boasts a durable steel frame and headband, which gives it an incredibly rugged and durable feel – there’s no need to worry about damaging these. Underneath the metal frame is an extremely soft, leather-wrapped pad that features unique white lace stitching to compliment the logos on the ear cups. The ear cups themselves are made of hard plastic with white logos on each of them.
These CS:GO noise canceling headphones feature a detachable noise-cancellation microphone that offers clearer voice quality and reduced background noise – the quality of your game chats will improve massively.
The quality of the audio is as good as ever. This model has an ultrawide soundstage with a bit of a mids boost that gives it a fun, lively output for both gaming and music. In addition, it features 7.1 virtual surround sound, which will significantly enhance the spatiality your CS:GO audio.
The dongle features a long, braided USB cable so it can easily plug into the back of your PC, and also has a clip on its back so you can attach it to your clothes to make sure the cords do not get in the way while gaming.
The noise cancelling microphone’s boom is made of soft, bendable plastic, and is removable. It connects via a 3.5mm jack, so you can take it out when you just want to listen to music, or if you’re the silent type when gaming.
- Innovative, cutting edge design.
- Immersive audio quality.
- Perfectly adjusts to the head.
- Super comfy ear cups.
- Relatively pricey.
- Metal band conducts noise.
- Not the best microphone quality.
Lastly, the HyperX Revolver is an impressive model for its crisp, clean audio and all-day comfort thanks to their large, oversized earcups. Given their size and design they look and feel more like a pair of really high-quality headphones that you can use not only for gaming but also everyday uses.
Simply, it offers rich audio within a comfy, and a durable design, making it the one of the best headsets for CS:GO.
9. Sennheiser GAME One – A Good Gaming Headset for CS:GO
- SIGNATURE SOUND DYNAMICS -Engineered for incredibly natural and accurate, high fidelity sound, the proprietary speaker system delivers the bass extension balanced with the other frequencies to deliver extreme acoustic clarity
- NOISE-CANCELING MICROPHONE - The flexible boom arm easily adjusts for best voice pick-up positioning and the microphone design minimizes background noise for acoustic clarity and crystal-clear communication.
- OPEN ACOUSTICS - The classic high-end open acoustic gaming headset is designed for extremely natural, spatial sound. It delivers sonically accurate hifi audio that reveals the details and dynamic realism of the game’s audio for better game performance.
- QUICK VOLUME ADJUSTING – An integrated volume control is built the right ear cup of the Game One headset for on-the-fly adjustments.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring plush velour covered XXL ear pads for extreme comfort. Velvet ear pads lets your skin breathe.
The Sennheiser Game One is a simple gaming headset. This gaming headset features an amazing sound quality and a trendy overall look. It will definitely draw your attention thanks to its strong aesthetic appeal.
The GAME ONE owns one of the smoothest and coolest designs, which is better than any other gaming headset in the market thanks to their either all-white or all-black chassis.
The ear cups are a great fit and offer long-term comfort for extended periods of CS:GO play.
The headset has a boom microphone on the left ear cup and volume control on the right ear cup, giving you easily accessible and intuitive controls.
This headset does not need software nor an amp to set up which makes it easier to use, all you do is plug and play. Considering the sound performance, the GAME ONE delivers high-quality thanks to its ability to control bass, treble, voice chat, and microphone volume with maximum ease.
Moreover, you will be able to hear muffled sounds and noises amidst any game clearly, the main reason why it is considered the best gaming headset for CS:GO.
The headset’s microphone performs excellently as well. It can capture clear voice records and deliver them accurately to other players and teammates, in addition to keeping the background noise to a minimum which is extra merit.
- Stylish and durable look.
- Excellent audio performance.
- Very comfortable.
- High-end microphone quality.
- A little pricey.
- Does not include PS4 connectors (see: best PS4 headset if this is needed)
- Lacks Equalizer sound modes.
Bottom line, the Sennheiser GAME ONE is a product that excelled due to its incredible sound performance and not just in gaming but in music as well. Regardless of its pricey range, it remains as a super CS:GO headset that will definitely not disappoint.
10. SteelSeries Arctics 1 – A Light-Weight Headset for CS:GO
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Take the same gaming-grade wireless on the go using the compact and portable USB-C dongle on your Nintendo Switch and Lite, and Android phones
- Detachable ClearCast noise canceling microphone with natural sounding clarity, Discord certified
- Same high-performance speaker drivers as the multi-award winning Arctis 7
- Steel-reinforced headband for a perfect fit and lasting durability
The SteelSeries Arctics 1 is a good-sounding, fairly priced, and lightweight headset for CS:GO.
SteelSeries has released another gaming-targeted headset that once again features its signature retractable microphone, which allows you to hide the mic inside the earcup, or bring it out to full extension. The retractable mic also means they’re suitable for use outside of the house, e.g. for listening to music on your commute.
The headphones feature the full gamut of on-ear controls, so you can quickly adjust the volume or mute your audio stream. They also have an in-built 3.5mm headphone jack so you can switch to wired mode when you’re running low on battery – which, realistically, shouldn’t be too much concern given they have a 20+ hour battery.
The sound quality is good. If you want to customize the audio, then you can, thanks to the SteelSeries Engine software – expect EQs and surround controls.
The headset itself is incredibly comfortable and durable. The SteelSeries has a steel-reinforced cushioned headband, soft foam earcups, and weighs a minuscule 0.5 pounds.
- Brilliant audio quality – customizable SteelSeries Engine software.
- Retractable microphone – great for in-public use.
- Lightweight – 0.5 pounds.
- Well Priced.
- The padded ear cups get hot easily.
- Poor noise isolation.
Final Thoughts, the SteelSeries has showcased once again that they are great at what they do; they are surprisingly well balanced with a good amount of bass and a clean representation of instruments and vocals making the gaming experience more enhanced and rich.
How to Choose a Headset for CS:GO
Now that we have listed all the best headsets for CS:GO in the market, it is time to list down everything you need to consider while buying a headset for CS:GO. It is not always about the price, there are far more important traits to be included in the headset in order for it to accommodate to your needs and to enrich your gaming experiences.
Background Isolation: it is the level of how a headset can isolate background sounds from what you hear while playing the game. It is an important feature as it will help you focus more on the footsteps, gunshots and other hidden sounds in the game.
Sound Quality: sound performance of a gamer’s headset has the biggest importance, as it is not only used to listen to music or in-game chats, it is the main aroma to get the ultimate gaming experience.
Comfort: if the headset does not feel cozy and easy on the ears, then it is not for you. Discomfort may cause the earbuds to be heated very easily which will lead to disregard the headset.
Microphone: the quality of a headset’s microphone is a vital aspect; as it must be of good quality as it is a substantial element to provide information to other game players.