While owning a kickass game like PUBG might be the real deal due to its amazing storyline and stunning HD visuals, having the best gaming headset for PUBG can make a huge difference on the quality of your gaming experience. It is common to find players using built-in speakers, but that definitely won’t enrich their experience as even the best monitors for PUBG do not add a whole lot of depth or immersion for audio. This is also the case for PUBG Mobile, with smartphone speakers doing the game’s audio no justice.
Finding the best headset for PUBG might be an obstacle since the market is full of many options. Also, PUBG headsets/headphones are slightly different to the usual sets as they have their unique settings which elevate this game to the next level.
In this article, we’ve answered both of these problems by listing the best headsets for PUBG gaming that you can consider buying – with options for PC, PS4, Xbox One and the mobile version. If you prefer PC then you can also consider the best mouse for PUBG to give yourself an edge over other players.
9 Best Headsets for PUBG
- HyperX Cloud II – Best Headset for PUBG
- SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Best Wireless Headphones for PUBG
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x – Best Budget Headset for PUBG
- HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro – Best Value Headset for PUBG
- Astro A50 – Best Gaming Headset for PUBG
- Sennheiser GAME ONE – Great Gaming Headset for PUBG
- Steelseries Arctis 5 – Stylish Headset for PUBG
- Sennheiser HD 558 – Most Comfortable Headset for PUBG
- Logitech G933 – Wireless Headset for PUBG
1. HyperX Cloud II – Best Headset for PUBG
- Designed for comfort – Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality – Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound – Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation – The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
- Built to last – The solid, durable aluminum frame is built to withstand the blows of daily use
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II is one of the pioneering headsets in the market; its main aim is to offer everything the mediocre gamer would want from a headset. It boasts big 53mm drivers, surrounds sound processing and a detachable microphone. The headphones also feature a refurbished USB sound card audio control box that amplifies audio and voice, ideal for Hi-Fi gaming experience. With the HyperX Cloud II you can hear what you have been missing before!
HyperX Cloud II supplies a digitally strengthened, noise-canceling microphone with an automatic gain control functionality with an addition of an echo cancellation enabled feature through the USB sound card. The result is clearer voice quality and reduced background noise, with voice volume automatically increasing as the in-game sound gets louder, to optimize team communication and in-game chat in intense battles.
Look / Style
The Kingston HyperX Cloud II has a pretty reserved exterior; the brushed metal finish feels good, the black color scheme is muted, and the logos are relatively subtle. Perhaps it is not the most fashionable portable pair of headphones, but it is certainly not something you would feel too ashamed to wear out on the street.
- Stylish, weightless design.
- Very lavish and comfortable.
- Brilliant sound quality.
- Flimsy carry case.
- Does not have very good bass.
Final words, the Kingston HyperX Cloud II with no doubt sounds great, it is packed with many features and has a lot of great extras, making it one of the best headsets for PUBG available at a pretty reasonable price.
2. SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Best Wireless Headphones for PUBG
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4 grams connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra-low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS headphone: x v2.0 7.1 surround sound (pc only)
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Compatible only with Pc, Mac, PS, Switch and Mobile; Headphone sensitivity: 98 dB
The Steelseries Arctis 7 features just about everything you could want in a wireless gaming headset. It is comfortable, stylish, features a 3.5 mm connection for use with wired devices (such as on PUBG mobile), and sounds very good. It is a luxury gaming headset for PUBG gamers who want a reliable device that can truly do justice to games. It fuses a stellar pair of stereo drivers with a design that looks and feels every bit as expensive as it is. The appearance of the Arctis 7 is nearly identical to its prior version. The headset is sleek and sophisticated, with an elegant, streamlined appearance and it has a full-on foolproof adjustable headband. Rather than having to wander around with rigid extendable rods, you just adjust two Velcro straps, and the flexible headband will conform to your head’s size and shape.
It beats its prior version in terms of comfort, as it provides much more reliable and comfortable results than trying to extend two extremely fickle notched arms. The wireless transmitter is not a small, USB key shaped adapter like you get with many wireless gaming headsets. Instead, it is a small, black plastic puck on the end of a four-foot cable that terminates in a USB plug. This is simply a plug-in kind of headset; just use a wireless amplifier to a USB port on your computer, pair that amplifier with the headset, and you’re good to go. The wireless is crystal clear and works from up to about 30 feet according to the tests.
- Very lightweight, can be taken every where.
- Balanced sound system.
- Perfectly fitting headset.
- Reasonable price range.
- Long battery life.
- Bass is not particularly powerful.
- Volume dials are a little fiddly.
- Not the most comfortable padding.
The verdict, it is everything you are looking for in a headset: comfortable, functional, versatile, and very stylish. The SteelSeries Arctis 7 delivers top-notch sound and looks. We’re happy to say it’s our best wireless headphone for PUBG, making it the perfect companion for your sessions.
3. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x – Best Budget Headset for PUBG
The Audio Technica ATH M50x, is the latest model of the M50 line of headphones. They are perfect for many uses, not just gaming, it could be used at the office, or for use in any sort of DJing or music production. They are large; which is generally much bigger than the kind of style-driven on-ear headphones you see at this price, but comfortable enough to wear all day. They have big 45mm drivers, they provide just the right amount of over-the-ear isolation, they’re nearly indestructible, and the sound they produce is widely considered to be the benchmark of headphone performance.
Audio-Technica really did not pull any punches with the m50’s construction, the headphones are solid and sturdy. You don’t hear any squeaks or otherwise unnecessary sounds when opening and closing the headphones. You get a consistent experience each time you pull them out. Taking this style into account, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x look is actually pretty good, and just like most new full-size headphones, they have a removable cable. While the socket is a standard 2.5mm affair, there is a twist to lock mechanism that means you will not simply just be able to use any 2.5mm cable.
The M50s are like monitor headphones, which gives the best representation of true sound possible. They will provide you with accurate tones and vocals. Sometimes this is referred to as transparent sound, but flat is technically the correct term for this sound.
- Sleek, beautiful design.
- Excellent sound quality.
- Powerful bass system.
- The soundstage is lacking.
- Not the best isolation coverage.
In general, the Audio Technica ATH M50x is a great headset for PUBG, it delivers fantastic sound, it is made for music production, but also great for critical listening. With addition of good comfort and a reasonable price, this is our best budget headset for PUBG users.
Looking to make more savings when gaming? Check out:
4. HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro – Best Value Headset for PUBG
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature award winning HyperX comfort
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone
The HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro is the new flagship model at the top of the company’s Cloud line of gaming headsets. It surely offers studio-like sound. It is sporting a sturdy and attractive aluminum design, a supremely cosy set of memory-foam ear cups, and a handful of subtle touches that make the headset more suitable for travel. It proved it can beat its prior versions, as it offers a slightly wider frequency response and many more features.
The Cloud Alpha has a premium-looking design, it features the familiar red-and-black Cloud color scheme just like its previous versions, the headset has a red aluminum headband frame with contrast stitching on its memory-foam padding. The ear cups feature soft, memory-foam padding and a red HyperX logo on the sides. There is no padding on the inside walls of the ear cups. This model included a carrying case which is a thin cloth bag instead of the more robust padded one included with the Cloud/Cloud II. HyperX also ditched the small rubber piece that sealed off the Cloud’s microphone port when the mic was detached. The headset features a 50mm dual-chamber drivers where one chamber houses the lower, bass frequencies and the other chamber contains the mid and high frequencies.
- Excellent audio quality, regarding the price.
- Sleek, premium design.
- Multi-uses cables.
- Upper audio range can cause some noises.
- Ear cups can feel snug.
Final thoughts, the HyperX Cloud Alpha feels remarkably premium for the offered price, it delivers durability, with ever so slightly better audio fidelity and significantly better cabling. It is one of the best headsets for PUBG for the money and a proper successor to the original Cloud.
5. Astro A50 – Best Gaming Headset for PUBG
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Precision Microphone
- 5GHz Wireless Technology
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound
The Astro A50 is a fantastic headset for PUBG; it is distinguished with a well built design, great durability, and an extremely comfortable design that is surpassed with an exquisite set of ear cups that you can wear for many hours without feeling any itchiness nor hotness. This headset is one of the best in the gaming league; they are not really good for casual everyday use as they are not the most outdoor friendly headphones. However, this is a wireless headset that can be used for up to 15 hours of battery life, the headset feels so light on the head with a microphone attached on the side.
The Astro A50 is made of premium materials that excel its splendid style; it rocks some flashy color scheme with almost neon green and pale grey which makes this headset look and feel like gaming headphones. Not only that but this device proposes a quick and easy to use volume dial, a slider that lets you switch between different EQ presets, and also, a Dolby button to easily start the surround sound effect.
- Strong audio quality.
- Snug and sturdy design.
- Downright easy to use.
- Good microphone quality.
- Extravagant price.
- Poor noise isolation.
All in all, the Astro A50 are a good wireless headset that mastered in the gaming league with its good sound quality, well built design, and comfortable feel. We recommend it to all the diehard gaming fanatics who play for long hours and need sturdy and long life headsets.
6. Sennheiser GAME ONE – Great Gaming Headset for PUBG
- SIGNATURE SOUND DYNAMICS -Engineered for incredibly natural and accurate, high fidelity sound, the proprietary speaker system delivers the bass extension balanced with the other frequencies to deliver extreme acoustic clarity
- NOISE-CANCELING MICROPHONE - The flexible boom arm easily adjusts for best voice pick-up positioning and the microphone design minimizes background noise for acoustic clarity and crystal-clear communication.
- OPEN ACOUSTICS - The classic high-end open acoustic gaming headset is designed for extremely natural, spatial sound. It delivers sonically accurate hifi audio that reveals the details and dynamic realism of the game’s audio for better game performance.
- QUICK VOLUME ADJUSTING – An integrated volume control is built the right ear cup of the Game One headset for on-the-fly adjustments.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring plush velour covered XXL ear pads for extreme comfort. Velvet ear pads lets your skin breathe.
The Sennheiser GAME ONE is the best gaming headset for PUBG that will not disappoint any gamer, it is enhanced with very good sound quality, glorified body design, and a trendy overall look. This is primarily a stereo PC gaming headset, with just two 3.5mm audio connectors for your headphone and microphone jacks. However, you can not use it with most game systems without extra adapters added. The GAME ONE’s design is smooth and cooler than any other gaming headset in the market; the ear cups are just the suitable size to wear. The headset has a boom microphone on the left ear cup and volume control on the right ear cup, offering subtle comfort to the users.
This headset gets more than just the job done by being a gaming headset with no software needed nor an amp to set up, thus there’s no ability to tweak the sound. Regarding the sound quality, the GAME ONE delivers high quality; it has bass, treble, voice chat and microphone volume controls. You can easily hear muffled sounds and noises in the game that is why it is many gamers’ first PUBG headset. The microphone is in an excellent range; It manages to capture and convey voice clearly to other players and teammates, in addition to keeping the background noise to a minimum which is extra perk.
- Cool and trendy look.
- Excellent audio performance.
- Very comfortable.
- High microphone quality.
- Expensive price.
- No PS4 connectors.
- Lacks Equalizer sound modes.
The verdict, Sennheiser has excelled in many ways not just in the gaming field but also in music.
7. Steelseries Arctis 5 – Stylish Headset for PUBG
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
With raw technology exceeding the market, gaming headsets are improving day by day; the Steelseries Arctis 5 offers great sound with an eye-catching design that will definitely make you notice this headset anywhere. This headset is embellished with popping colors which you can pick according to your preference. Just like any Steelseries, it is installed via software “the Engine 3 software” offers serious customization options for any type of gamer. This headset also features a bendable and retractable microphone, as well as a volume wheel and mic-mute button around the back, making it a great result for less clumsiness.
The sound quality is on a new level of awesome, the surround sound in gaming is pretty clear, you can hear low gunshots and sneaky footsteps with ease. Not just that, it offers some great presets for both listening to music and for gaming. You can also configure the lights on each ear cup, and set the best Equalizer settings for your PUBG likings. When it comes to comfort, we can easily say that Steelseries puts other competitors to shame with their amazing and comfortable earbuds, their bendable and durable headband that fits to anyone, and the tranquility of adjusting the Velcro straps.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Great body design.
- Pleasant feel on the head.
- Easy to use software.
- Clearer microphone.
- Mic LED light is annoying.
- Long cables.
Bottom line, the Steelseries Arctis 5 is an overall splendid PUBG headset; it has a comfortable design and sensible software, what more can a gamer ask for? SteelSeries has for sure shook up the industry with this product making it the best for all gamers.
8. Sennheiser HD 558 – Most Comfortable Headset for PUBG
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Audiophile grade over ear, open back headphones
- Twist and lock single sided cable eliminates tangles and simplifies exchanges
- Gold-plated 1/4 inch plug with 1/8 inch adapter
- Highly optimized, field strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet system
This model that no doubt is a great headset for PUBG; these headphones are often described as entry-level audiophile headphones. This means that you can expect a great degree of sound clarity, detail, and fantastic acoustic performance through the frequency range.
The Sennheiser HD 558 looks a lot like the rest of Sennheiser’s new-breed headphones, the HD 518 and HD 598. You can wear these headphones all day long without even the slightest hint of discomfort. They clamp onto your head fairly securely, to avoid slipping when moving, or dancing around, and at 260g they’re very light for a full-size pair, as the large cups surround your ears, so unless you have particularly large lobes, the HD 558 should only end up touching your head, not your ears. The Sennheiser HD 558 offers the option to remove the cable and replace it with an alternative one.
That is very useful as the included cable is geared toward desktop stereo setup and stationary amplifiers.
- Extremely comfortable feel.
- Detachable cable.
- Amazing sound quality.
- Neutral sound signature.
- Lacks 3.5 mm headphone jack, making it not ideal for mobile PUBG.
- Not the finest fashionable design.
- Lacks a sub-bass impact.
All in all, the Sennheiser HD 558 is an excellent choice as it offers superb audio performance with rich bass and excellent sense of space. Also it is extremely comfortable to the head and above all, has a strong value for price.
9. Logitech G933 – Wireless Headset for PUBG
- SUPERIOR SOUND PERFORMANCE: The advanced Pro-GTM audio drivers deliver incredible audio with stereo, 7.1 Dolby Surround, or 7.1 DTS Headphone: X Surround Sound. Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY: This is the perfect headset for all of your devices, including PCs, PS3s, PS4s, the Xbox One, and any TV with powered USB or RCA audio output
- Surround sound is not available on game consoles. Xbox One requires 3.5mm wired connection, and may require Xbox One headset adapter sold separately. 2.4GHz WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION: Get up to 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or 8 hours with default lighting on a lag-free wireless connection
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in up to three devices (1 USB and 2 analog) to answer calls and play music while gaming. Wireless Range - Indoor: 15 meters. Outdoor: 20 meters
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Enjoy a seamless, personalized gaming experience with customizable RGB lighting, swappable backlit custom tags, and 3 programmable G-keys to assign macros for complex game commands
This headset has reached beyond the horizons delivering phenomenal sound for both gaming and music. Just like its previous versions; it is graced with the same bulky and sturdy body design, but even prettier. The main difference between the G933 and the G633 is that it comes with a wireless USB adapter which is stored in the most clever way possible, giving extra points to the design. Behind each earbud, there is a removable panel where you can find USB adapter clips and a replaceable battery. Still, it features the same comfort and snug feel, not needing a wire was the only upgrade.
The G933 is a surround sound capable headset with a superb sound quality; music is not the biggest pro in this headset, however, it performs excellently in the gaming part in which you could hear the gunshots and footsteps of the enemies above any background music. The microphone has a great recording quality, it records and produces sound in very clear quality. One of the biggest features of the G933 is its capability to connect to any computer wirelessly and while maintaining and delivering sound that’s just as good as its wired mode.
- Very comfortable and fit.
- Works on various devices: PC, PS4, Xbox One, and mobile.
- Flawless wireless performance.
- Useful rear buttons.
- Below-average battery life.
- Too bulky to take everywhere.
- A little pricey.
In conclusion, the Logitech G933 is a superb gaming headset for PUBG that offers flawless performance whether it is used as a wireless headset or a wired connection to a console.
How To Choose a Gaming Headset for PUBG?
After we have listed our favorite PUBG headsets for you to consider, it is time to outline some points for you to take notice off in order to know what look for in the best headset for streaming in general.
- Sound Quality: it is the most essential feature any gamer would look for in a headset; there are two things you need to focus on regarding the sound quality:
- Bass: it makes the gunshot fires and fire explosions more clear and in-depth in your ear.
- Noise Cancellation: most essential for outdoor users, it helps to isolate unnecessary voices and noise so the gamer can pay more attention without any outer audio distractions.
- Comfort: the second most important feature in a headset; if the headset does not make you feel content, then it is not for you.
Look for a headset with snug earbuds and a lightweight body so you can take it anywhere with you and easily play using it for hours.
- Microphone: a microphone is quite important in online games, without one you will not be able to contact and connect easily with your teammates so make sure to look for a headset that produces clear and good sound.
- Open or Closed Body: closed headsets have a solid cup around the speaker and earpiece, any noise will be completely isolated from the outside; which is super convenient for loud sound players (Lifehacker). On the other hand, open headsets have a perforated ear cup that helps in generating a more natural, less muffled sound; they are not so great at isolating the sound in as the closed headset does.
- Durability: any product is mainly tested on the first look from its feel of the material, make sure to find a headset with good and steady materials so it could live longer.