The gaming industry is constantly evolving whether creating new games, upgrading their consoles, or always releasing new improved gaming gear.
It is widely known that gaming is a visual experience but what does sight do without hearing?
We must agree that the best headset for streaming will be like your gaming partner because without it you will not be able to play in ease as it is your comfort source.
Game streaming is the new thing nowadays, considering that some people benefit from playing those games and uploading those recorded videos of themselves to the public.
To have the ultimate experience whether you are in front of the public eyes, by yourself, or even with your game teammates; you are in need for a good streaming headset, not only for hearing excellent sound effects but also for being able to connect clearly with your teammates via a high-end microphone.
In this article, we will list down the best gaming headsets for streaming along with what makes them so unique for you to consider buying them.
Best Headsets for Streaming
1. Sennheiser GAME ZERO – Best Streaming Headset
- Closed back design featuring tailored leatherette double layered memory foam ear pads for maximum acoustic seal to block outside noise
- Modern, lightweight yet robust design featuring XXL ear cups incorporating Sennheiser's model specific transducer technology delivering extreme sonic clarity (50 ohm). Sensitivity Microphone 38 dBV at 94 dBSPL
- Crystal clear conversations ensured with the professional quality noise canceling microphone that automatically mutes when boom arm is raised
- Foldable design featuring a volume control located on the right ear cup with two cables included for multi platform compatibility.Frequency response (Headphones) Headphones: 15 Hz to 28,000 Hz. Frequency response (Microphone) Microphone: 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer;Sound pressure level (SPL) : Headphones: 108 dB
Sennheiser is one of the greatest sound producing headsets; the devices know how to perfectly cancel unwanted noise or make you feel like walking with a DJ set on your head.
The Game Zero comes in either white or black with shiny red highlights, they might have a bulky body but they are as portable as can be.
It has a detachable mic on the left side however it is very easy to fold and to carry around anywhere.
On the right cup, you will find a small well-hidden volume wheel that comes in handy when adjusting the sound’s strength
The Game Zero is an extremely comfortable headset; it possesses comfy, breathable faux leather cup heads. Also, they can swivel, expand and fit perfectly with your head.
You can wear them for hours and it is guaranteed they will not overheat or bug you in the process. The headset’s microphone records good quality audio and has a background noise cancellation feature.
When it comes to gaming performance, the Game Zero can produce high-quality sound, you are able to hear your opponent’s steps, and you can hear the dialogue clearly along with all the sound effects.
In contrast, the headset lacks some potents when it comes to equalization; because the headset does not have software, you will not be capable of changing the sound equalization settings.
This is the best headset for streaming if you are a single player of a game that has its dialogue plays a secondary role as you will have better soundly experience.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Rich audio quality.
- Removable cable.
- Fine microphone modality.
- Easy to use and to take anywhere.
- No equalization software.
- Costs a lot of money.
- Does not support PS4.
Overall view, the Sennheiser GAME ZERO is a superb high-quality device, it is the best headset for streaming; it produces excellent audio as well as recording it. Although it might be a little pricey, but consider it an investment for your pleasure.
2. The HyperX Cloud II – Best Gaming Headset for Streaming
- USB Audio Sound Card with 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
- 53mm Drivers Neodymium Magnets. Sound coupling to the ear is circumaural
- Noise Cancelling Microphone via Inline Sound Card. 15 25kKhz Frequency Response
- Echo Cancelling via Inline Sound Card.Ambient noise attenuation:approx. 20 dBa
- Memory foam ear pads with extra set of Velour ear pads and Detachable Microphone
Kingston has released this headset into the market for a while now, and since then the market is still shaken; this headset is adorned with a lavish finish, plush design, and an even deluxe audio tone.
The HyperX appearance has a monumental touch to it; the leather coated headset possess the best-looking design in the field, with the metal forks on both sides you are ensured complete ear cups adjustability.
The headset features a fair lengthed cord that can extend to 6 inches, next to it you will find a detachable yet very supple microphone.
The Cloud II has a USB dongle sports control that you can change the volume or mute the microphone from, you can clip it to your clothes articles or leave it loose.
With a lot of stars from the users, it is highly sworn that the Cloud II is the best most comfortable headset for streaming; it is graced with plush memory-foam cups that results in an enjoyable wearing experience while gaming, you can wear the headset for a couple of days and you will not complain.
In addition, it fits well with your head and feels pleasant.
As for the gaming performance, the HyperX has an incredible audio output, nonetheless, the headset has a deficiency regarding its bass; it is not strong enough and may not deliver well with missile and explosion sounds.
In music performance, on the other hand, it carries high tones very crisply and lushly.
- Premium build quality.
- Comfortable and light design.
- USB audio controller.
- Affordable price.
- Mediocre bass quality.
- Non-detachable headphone cord.
Final words, the HyperX Cloud II is an attractive streaming headset to own; it is over the top comfortable, has a great stylish design and holds a USB controller that comes in handy for fast and easy sound adjustments.
3. Sennheiser Game One – Best Overall Headset for Streaming
- Extreme sound clarity & accuracy with original transducer technology.GAME ONE has exchangeable cables allowing compatibility with multiple platforms such as PC, Mac, consoles, mobiles and tablets that feature a 3.5 millimeter jack input
- Noise canceling microphone ensures crystal clear conversations.Sound pressure level (SPL) headphone: 116dB
- Convenient microphone mute;Sensitivity : Microphone: 38 dBV at 94 dBSPL
- Intuitive, integrated volume control
- Ultimate comfort plush velvet ear pads let skin breathe
The Game One is yet another superb gaming headset in the streaming field, it is certainly good looking, well built and on top of all; generates excellent sound quality.
The Sennheiser Game One has very large cups yet they are cozy and pleasant to wear, they give a tight fitting feel to the ear.
On the left ear cup, you will find a boom microphone and volume control on its right ear cup.
The overall posture of the Game One is bulky making it a bit sturdy to carry around every day and everywhere.
You will find a large volume wheel located on the barrier of the right earcup; it will allow you to easily adjust the sound while you are midst gaming so there will be no need for pausing, consider it a vast and crushing perk.
Not to forget, the microphone is more than excellent, you will be able to record clear tracks, in addition to talking purely decent to your teammates, to add up; the microphone has a marvelous noise cancellation feature.
Most gamers spend a decent amount of money to invest in their audio source output; the Game One is mostly a stereo headset but we can not deny it is also great for gaming.
It easily gets the job done with no software so it is very simple to use, and above all, it produces audio goodness; you will be able to hear your teammates shouting, the dialogue will play loud and clear, and all the gunshots will be crystal clear in your ears.
- Very comfortable.
- Noise cancelling mic.
- Decent looking design.
- High sound quality.
- Lacks a sound equalizer.
- Very expensive.
The Sennheiser GAME One is a thorough the best headset for Xbox One streaming, it generates high sound reproduction and features a good looking and well-built design, but overall, it is a bit expensive for some considering its plush features.
4. ASTRO Gaming A40 TR – Best Headset for Streaming Console
- Lightweight, rugged construction with Premium materials for a highly adjustable, pressure-free Fit, allowing for longer sessions of Practice and play
- Developed with pro gamers and game designers to deliver clarity and detail at every frequency and volume level, giving you distinct advantages in competitive gameplay
- Mod kit ready: mod kits transform the A40 headset from and open-back headset into a closed-back noise-isolating headset providing greater noise Reproduction
- Removable microphone with highly sensitive uni-directional mic provides high-quality voice communication and minimizes background noise
- Magnetic speaker Tag system lets you personalize your headset. Buy special editions or design your own Logos and art using the speaker Tag customize
The Astro A40 TR gaming headset is simply the best headset for PS4 streaming & Xbox one too, with its solid design and build, and adorning class-leading audio quality, this headset is a total worth of every penny.
The wired headset has a glossy finish touch to its exterior look; its body build is quite strengthened and durable, it might be bulky but it is very lightweight and so completely accessible to carry around everywhere.
The headset possesses a detachable and flexible boom microphone positioned on the left cup in addition to a connector to the included MixAmp Pro TR.
It is a medium sized box that sits on your surroundings and you can adjust the controls to your likings without any hassles especially for its volume dial option.
The earcups are very plush and breathable making them adjust nicely to your head midst using the headset, moreover, thanks to its structural support which has a sliding technique to get the headset to be positioned fittingly to the head, and in result, they are noteworthily comfortable to wear for long periods special perk from their soft pads.
The A40’s sound performance is very powerful and crystal clear; it produces subtle gaming sound effects as well as pleasurable music quality all thanks to its equalization presets that enable ideal audio interpretation.
The headset’s microphone is quite decent and impressive too, you can talk to your teammates while streaming and they will be able to hear you loud and clear.
- Solid body build.
- Can be worn for long periods.
- Highly custom options.
- MixAmp controller.
- Good sound quality.
- Expensive for a wired headset.
- Blunt design.
In general, the Gaming A40 is amongst the finest headsets in the streaming category with a solid performance whether in durability or sound abilities. It might be relatively expensive due to its wired cord but it is filled with more pro features that are to die for.
5. SteelSeries Arctis 7 – Best Affordable Headset for Streaming
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4G connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra low latency and zero interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the Discord certified ClearCast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the S1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS Headphone: X v2.0 7.1 surround sound (PC only)
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Compatible only with PC,Mac,PS,Switch and Mobile; Headphone Sensitivity:98 db
This wireless headset has indeed set new bars for the streaming category, possessing a long life battery along with a versatile design and a good sound reproduction yet above all a great price, this headset is a true gem for your collection.
The physical appearance of the Arctis 7 is elegant and splendid to look at and obtains a flexible headband that can adjust to different head shapes and sizes.
It has a retractable microphone on the left earcup along with a standard audio jack and a micro usb port for charging, and on the right ear cup, you will spot a power button and a volume slider; we see it is a perfect fit for the outdoor gamer enthusiasts as they are very versatile.
The headset has the most durable elastic band that could stretch and fit to any head shape, and so it provides convenient comfort and pleasant feel to all its users.
The earcups are super soft and padded, however, there were some complaints regarding them when they are used while walking, they tend to bounce around.
The Arctis 7 gaming performance is solid and strong, the headset provides stellar equalization options that allows you to get and receive excellent quality and audio results. With the headset’s software you will be able to channel different audio outcomes and also create a sound profile for every game you play.
The headset also adorns a highly crystal clear microphone, it could record in a beautiful quality as well as transmit it perfectly in gaming streaming sessions.
- Solid, durable design.
- Comfortable fit.
- Good app support.
- Superb audio and microphone reproduction.
- Wireless ability.
- A bit bulky.
- An average noise isolation level.
Bottom line, the Steel Series Arctis 7 is a great headset for streaming when it comes to its reasonable price, striking implementation and its wirelessness, they will be a great addition to your gaming gear for sure.
6. HyperX Cloud Stinger – Best Value Headset for Streaming
- Lightweight headset with 90 degree rotating ear cups
- 50mm directional drivers for Audio precision
- Hyperx signature Memory foam. Adjustable steel Slider
- Intuitive Volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation Microphone. Multi-platform compatibility. Refer instruction manual before use
The Cloud Stinger is one of the newest additions to the streaming headsets category, it has everything a gamer would want in a streaming headset; excellent audio quality, comfortable, durable, and above all, it is the most affordable in the market.
The Stinger’s design is a wired stereo plastic headset, regardless it does not feel or look cheap because of the plastic used. It is very lightweight so it is easily portable.
One of its striking perks is its ability to be connected to mobile devices as well as games consoles as not all headsets are capable of being compatible with many devices.
The headset is covered with faux leather and padded ear cups, the cups can rotate 90 degrees, they can easily adjust to almost every shape and head sizes.
On the left cup, you will find a noise-cancelling microphone attached, it might not be detachable but it is extremely flexible and has an excellent voice separation feature from the background even in noisy environments.
On the right cup, you will find a volume slider allowing easy and fast sound adjustment.
HyperX Cloud Stinger audio quality is quite sharp considering its price, mid playing you will be able to hear gunshots clearly and explosions never felt so raw, and it is all thanks to its heavy bass quality.
- Budget friendly.
- Good sound performance.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Non detachable microphone.
In conclusion, the HyperX Cloud Stinger is one of the most comfortable and good performance generating streaming headset in the market and for its budget-friendly and great value price, it would be a loss if you do not buy this device.
7. SteelSeries Arctis 5 – Best Headset for Console Streaming
- Arctis 5 combines cutting edge audio technology with independent game and chat controls and RGB illumination for an immersive gaming experience
- Award winning Arctis speaker drivers produce ultra low distortion, paired with DTS Headphone:X v2.0 surround sound for rich, immersive audio
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, Arctis ClearCast bidirectional microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancelation
- The inline USB ChatMix dial balances game audio and chat volume on the fly
- Padded Air Weave ear cushions and adjustable, steel reinforced headband provide longlasting comfort and durability
This line of headsets has introduced a new definition for raw technology especially in a big industry like gaming, with a clear microphone and top speed sound qality; what more would you look for in a best gaming headset for streaming?
The Arctis 5 is adorned with a sleek and modern design; it has the ability to fit perfectly to your skull shape without adjusting anything, you just wear it and it fits.
It might not look bulky like most gaming headsets but surely it offers the same value. In the left cup there is an attached microphone, as well as a volume wheel and mic mute button that can be found in the back.
The headset rejoices a pair of the most plush, breathable and comfortable ear cups, they are padded and offer a very light feel on the top of the head making it quite easy to wear the Arctis 5 for hours without feeling any discomfort.
The sound system is amazing just like the exterior and comfort of this headset, the Steel Series headset has a pretty good audio reproduction; the high and mid tone explosions and missiles are heard subtly and so you are ensured a rich and vast gaming experience from just playing using the default system but if you want more, you can always toy around with the equalization settings.
- Great audio reproductions.
- An improved clear microphone.
- Delicate software.
- Light and comfortable feel.
- Long, unnecessary cable.
Final verdict, the SteelSeries Arctis 5 meets every need a gamer would want at a very reasonable price; a comfortable fitting design and an impressive upgraded microphone, we can simply say that this device is the best headset for console streaming.
Buyer’s Guide for Streaming Headsets:
Above we have listed our top choices for the streaming headsets, and now it is time to finalize our article with a quick buyer’s guide on how to pick a good headset for streaming; what are the main characteristics that you should look for in order to obtain the a great headset?
Sound Quality: it is the thing any gamer would first experiment within a store; to get a good headset with good sound quality, you need to be aware of two things:
- Bass: it is how far the depth of the sounds is
- Noise Cancellation: very important for outdoor users, it helps to isolate unnecessary voices and getting rid of external distractions.
Comfort: make sure to go to the store and try them on yourself; search for plush and padded ear cups because they will generate comfort and you will be able to play for long hours without feeling any irritation.
Microphone: a microphone is quite important in online games especially for the streamers, find one that produces crystal clear voice recordings to be able to communicate easily with your teammates.
Open or Closed Body:
- Closed headsets will completely isolate unwanted noise from the outside; which is super convenient for loud sound players.
- Open headsets have perforated ear cups that help in creating a more natural, less muffled sounds.
Durability: any product is mainly tested on the first look from its feel of material, metal is slightly better than plastic, it will endure hard falls and tough uses.
Wired or Wireless: this choice will depend on the user’s preferences, a wired headset will not require charging but it will not be convenient for moving around. On the other hand, a wireless headset is perfect for outdoor gaming but will cause limited playing game hours.