Getting a new laptop can be very exciting but before you go ahead and buy one, you may want to consider the keyboard size. Laptops come in a variety of sizes and so do the keyboards. While many people do not pay much attention to the size of theirs, it is actually one of the most important hardware components of a laptop.
In this article, we will explain what a full keyboard laptop is and why it may be a good fit for you. Additionally, we will provide you with some suggestions about the best full keyboard laptop available on the market.
What is a Full Keyboard Laptop?
A full keyboard is a keyboard that has all the necessary input keys including a numbers section. Almost every laptop with a screen size above 11.6 inches has a full keyboard.
The advantage of using a full keyboard is that it increases your keystroke accuracy. Additionally, it allows you to perform operations without using the mouse. This is because it includes keys such as the right-click keyboard shortcut, page up, page down and others.
One good thing about a full keyboard laptop is that it has good tactile feedback. Good tactile feedback means that the keys are easy to press and it makes typing smooth.
The Best Full Keyboard Laptops
If you want convenience when using laptops, then a full keyboard laptop is the best option for you. This is especially important if you type a lot using a laptop keyboard.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is well-known for designing amazing laptops with a full keyboard that comes with a backlight – such as their Pavilion x360 2-in-1.
- Powerful 8th-generation Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U Processor
- 15.6in diagonal Full HD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- 8GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM, 128GB SSD
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, Windows 10
- 1 USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 (Data up to 5Gb/s), 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only), 1 HDMI 1.4, 1 Headphone/microphone combo
While Apple is an elite manufacturer in many ways, they don’t currently have many models of full keyboard MacBooks available. However, if you are already in possession of a MacBook but want to upgrade to the full keyboard experience then you do have that option by purchasing the wireless Magic Keyboard with a rechargeable battery. All you need is a Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer running macOS 10.12.4 or later. Alternatively, you can use it with iOS devices running 10.3 or later.
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad features an extended layout, with document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full size arrow keys for gaming
- A scissor mechanism beneath each key allows for increased stability, while optimized key travel and a low profile provide a comfortable and precise typing experience.
- The numeric keypad is also great for spreadsheets and finance applications.
Finally, Dell is a popular manufacturer of Chiclet-style, traditional style, and mechanical full keyboard laptops. Their Inspiron 15 5000 is a good example, with a full numerical set of keys joining some other high-quality specs.
- 【Dell Inspiron 15 5000】 : AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500U Processor, 2.00GHz Base Frequency, up to 3.60GHz, 6 MB Smartcache, 8 Treads
- 【Various Option】 : 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive, 1TB Hard Disk Drive, Can Exactly Reach Your Expectation
- 【Dell Inspiron 15】 : 15.6" Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) Widescreen LED TrueLife Display, with Radeon Vega8 Graphics delivers speed and performance in a compact package
- 【Quality Ports and Slots】 : 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x LAN, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 x SD Memory Card Reader
- 【Operating System】 : Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Built-in HD Webcam, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Stereo speakers, dual array microphone, Wave MaxxAudio Pro
Although you can’t really go wrong with keyboards, we suggest that you should always test the feel of a laptop keyboard before buying.