World of Warcraft and other MMO games (massively multiplayer online games) have been around for some time and there are dedicated MMO mice available with plenty of additional buttons for hotkeys. But what is the best MMO mouse? What are the top MMO players using?
That you will soon find out…
We have tested several mice and these are our recommendations for the best MMO mouse. Also, remember to check our other recommendations as well.
Best MMO Mice
- Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB – Best MMO mouse with wire.
- Razer Naga Trinity – Best alternative MMO gaming mouse.
- Logitech G600 – Best budget MMO mouse.
- UtechSmart Venus – Another MMO mouse on a budget.
- Logitech G903 – Best wireless mouse.
- Logitech G900 – Best alternative wireless MMO mouse.
- Razer Naga Chroma – Best budget wireless MMO mouse.
1. Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB – Best MMO mouse with wire
- Exclusive key slider macro button control system. Compatibility - A PC with a USB port , Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7
- 12 optimized mechanical side buttons designed to pro player specifications for consistent tactile feedback and precise actuation. Textured side button keycaps provide enhanced grip and feel
- The patent pending design provides 8 millimeter of key travel with secure lock to ensure every button is within reach. Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor for your playing surface
- Onboard storage with hardware macro playback: Three predefined profiles include actions common for MMO gaming as well as general purpose keyboard shortcuts
- Custom, gaming grade 16000 DPI optical sensor: ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking engine. Cable: 1.8 meter braided fiber
The Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB is one mmo mouse for the hardcore players, this mouse has certainly exceeded its precedeer with an improved sensor optical sensor.
The Pro RGB physical appearance is eye appealing, the mmo mouse is available in an all black attire, the mouse adorns the standard right and left buttons along with 12 button keypad keys, the extra keys are fully programmable.
On the top you will be able to take notice of two buttons that sit right behind the scroll wheel; the forward button switches between onboard profiles, and the rear button switches between DPI settings.
The Corsair Pro RGB is graced with an optical sensor that boosts a really high 16,000 DPI resolution which is above the normal of most mmo mice. All this and more result in a reliable mmo mouse that is suitable for all gamers.
This mmo mouse supports the CUE software which you can download easily, however, it has a down side which is you can not store gaming profiles on the mouse as there is no onboard storage.
You can still change lighting colors from the settings inside the software along with the DPI adjustment, and last but not least, the surface calibration which is responsible for track tuning.
- Well-designed body build.
- Easy to customize.
- Accurate tracking abilities.
- Good overall performance.
- A bit pricey.
- No weight adjustments.
2. Razer Naga Trinity – The alternative MMO gaming mouse
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
The Razer Naga Trinity is a specially designed mmo mouse with a versatile side, smooth motion tracking feature, and its easy customization that attracts everyone towards this beauty.
This mmo mouse is adorned with a 12 button layout that are divided into 3 panels: either rigid, curved or simple which are all quite versatile midst playing as they are easy to hold and press.
The Naga Trinity is a wide and large mmo mouse that has a rest for a fourth finger; you will find as well a left button, a right button and along with a scrolling wheel that clicks three ways with two dots-per-inch (DPI) sensitivity adjustment buttons right beneath that wheel.
The Razer Naga Trinity features RGB lighting which can be adjusted from its super easy software: the Razer Synapse 3 software, you will also be able to reprogram the buttons, create profiles for individual games, and adjust the DPI.
The Naga Trinity might be a large mmo mouse but one of its high appreciated features is its body splitted panels, the body is split into 3 panels that are also swappable, they are extremely easy to switch between, not to mention that they are magnetic so it is easy to put back together.
The only down side of this mmo mouse is its non existent weight controller, this mouse might be big for some users so if you are one of the people who prefer small mouses, this mmo mouse is probably not for you but, if you are unbothered by the size and looking for a versatile mouse with loads of buttons, then surely you are looking at great mmo gaming mouse.
Read More: Best PUBG Mouse
- Customizable side plates.
- Easy to use software.
- Decent customization options.
- Reasonable price.
- A bit large for some.
- No weight or height adjustments.
Final words, the Razer Naga Trinity is a highly good mouse for MMO all thanks to its versatile swappable panels, in addition to its amazing software and great customization options.
On top of all, its reasonable price, this MMO mouse will be a perfect addition to your gaming gear.
3. Logitech G600 – Best budget MMO mouse
- 20 MMO tuned buttons: Includes unique 12 button thumb panel designed for quick, no look navigation; The low friction polytetrafluoroethylene feet eliminate friction on nearly any surface for smoother motions, precise cursor movements and improved accuracy
- G shift ring finger button: Instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button. PTFE Feet: 250-km range
- Built for comfort: Sculpted shape and tuned buttons reduce click fatigue during marathon multiplayer sessions; G8 cycle modes
- Total personalization: Set it up your way with customizable thumb panel lighting colors, DPI levels or button assignments; Do not use a USB hub
- Made for PC gaming: Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
The Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse is one of the massively fine mmo mice; it holds some incredible feature as well having a strong performance in any gaming session.
The G600 has one of the smoothest designs in the market, you will absolutely crave its palm grip. It might be heavier and also bulkier than most mmo mice but that does not mean it is any less comfortable to use.
Just like any mmo mouse, you will find a 12 button set on the side, and regarding the top of the mouse; you will find 2 thumb buttons which are the main attraction for the G600. The buttons are quite versatile and smooth so they will not cause any uneasiness whilst playing.
The Logitech G600’s software offers great customization settings, you have up to six slots to save different gaming profiles for various games, you can edit the two non programmable buttons to your preference, and also you will be able to adjust the dots-per-inch (DPI) inputs
Although the G600 might be a bit large for some user but it has a great tracker, the cursor can run so smoothly on any surface and responds fast without any errors, this mmo gaming mouse is quite responsive and functional.
- Wonderful software.
- Wide customization settings.
- A bulky yet comfortable design.
- Only useful for MMO users.
All in all, the Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse is a fine choice for you to own, it has wonderful features that perfect for all mmo gamers who look for a mmo mouse that is suitable to all their gaming needs especially customization for individual games.
4. UtechSmart Venus – Another MMO mouse on a budget
- 『SENSITIVE DPI MMO MOUSE』Focus on MMO gamers: this professional MMO gaming mouse built-in up to 16400 DPI, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration, 100-150in/s cursor speed, and a high precision Avago sensor. It has an adjustable sensitivity level (range from 200 - 16400) built right into the gaming mouse. You can easily adjust the mouse sensitivity using buttons on the mouse. Omron micro switches provide crisp, firm clicks.
- 『FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE MOUSE & RGB BACKLIT』Venus MMO wired gaming mouse with multiple programmable buttons (included 12 side buttons), 5 custom profiles each with 5 LED RGB colors backlit modes for quick identification of profiles and additional options for over 16 million LED RGB colors. The LED breathing light can be disabled according to your preference. Special Setting Switch Button on the bottom of the wired gaming mouse allows you to execute the switch profile command with maximum efficiency.
- 『PROGRAMMABLE MOUSE BUTTONS』All the macro buttons allow you to customize the functions to your specific needs and can be easily mapped to any of the usual keyboard keys, combos. Venus MMO gaming mouse with side buttons can be mapped to what will best fit your style of play are placed within easy reach of your thumb. “Auto Fire button" is a convenient key for most games that can optimize your preferences. It makes gaming so much easier and even has the ability to increase your level of gameplay.
- 『PRECISE CONTROL IN YOUR HAND』Venus MMO mouse is also an adjustable weighted mouse that comes pre-assembled with (2. 4g) x 8 weights inside. 12 buttons on the side are angled and can be positioned faster by touch alone. The Venus gaming mouse has a nice rest place on the left where your thumb can rest when not active. Comes with two durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for the bottom of the mouse to make the mouse slide better and bring the ultimate gaming experience for you.
- 『COMFORTABLE SHAPE & TEXTURED GRIP』 Ergonomic Right-Handed design with the frosted painting surface avoids hand sweat and slippery. The shape and texture on the mouse are extremely comfortable in the hand and the size is suited for most. That can keep your grip firm during gameplay. 6ft braided-fiber cable with gold-plated USB connector ensures greater durability. 18-Month Manufacturer's Promise.
The UtechSmart Venus is specifically build for all the gamers who love precision more than anything especially with holding a DPI record of 16400 DPI, proving that this mmo mouse is just above any level.
The Venus mmo mouse possesses one of the most original looks, the mouse adorns a number of 12 buttons found on the side all angled at a different direction but also they are easy to reach and press on every row, aside from the 12 buttons you will find the regular left and right buttons, a scroll wheel, and scroll click.
There are three more convenient buttons here as well. Under the scroll wheel are two arrow buttons in which by default control the DPI of the mouse.
The UtechSmart Venus’s body is a bit bulky regardless of how, it is quite lightweight, comfortable and totally fit which will help you have full control over the mouse midst gaming allowing you a better gaming experience and a more fruitful one.
The software that comes with the mouse works simply and straight to the point, you just plug the mouse, insert the cd and play.
The Venus offers you a 5 savable memory profiles which you can distinct each profile by a different light color for quick identification. Moreover, you can customize every single button on the mouse, as well as change the acceleration and pointer speed.
- Suitable price tag.
- Comfortable to use.
- User-friendly software.
- Several color options
- A bit bulky.
- Lighting is not so configurable.
Overall view, the UtechSmart Venus offers a great value for its cheap affordable price, it is perfect and suitable for any gamer on a budget but still, want decent quality offered in return.
5. Logitech G903 – Best wireless mouse
- LIGHTSPEED WIRELESS: latency can be the difference between winning it all or losing. LIGHTSPEED wireless technology features a 1 ms report rate for competition level twitch targeting
- ADVANCED PMW3366 SENSOR: equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200 12,000DPI) at speeds over 400 IPS
- ADVANCED MECHANICAL BUTTON TENSIONING: delivers an exceptionally clean and crisp button feel, response, and consistency. Battery Life: Default lighting: 24 hours, No lighting: 32 hours
- POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Compatible: the world's first and only wireless gaming mouse charging system, to keep G903 (and G703) charged while at play and at rest. Max acceleration >40G3. Cable length - 1.80 m
- CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN: configurable button layout and ambidextrous design allow for left or right handed use that works with nearly any mouse grip style, including palm, claw and fingertip grips
Logitech has returned again with yet another wireless mmo mouse, the Logitech G900 is one of the class leading mmo mice in the wireless category with its excellent performance and decent sensor.
The Logitech G903’s appearance adorns gentle curves with an all black design, its long body is quite fit to all hand size and is quite comfortable as well.
The G903 has 9 buttons aside from the usual standard left and right click, middle click, in addition to 2 buttons that by default are for adjusting the DPI.
Moreover, the buttons are actually in a delicate place, they are placed behind the mouse wheel which might tend to be a problem if you like to change the dpi constantly.
The G903 works as both a wired and a wireless mmo mouse, when using the wireless mode you will not be faced with any wireless connection problems as its connection is quite the strong one.
One of the main reasons that cause the G900’s accuracy is its PMW3366 optical sensor that is very powerful.
If you are going wireless mode then you must wonder about the charging options, the Logitech G903 gets charged with a PowerPlay mat which you buy separately, it might be an expensive feature but it is definitely worth it.
But if you can not afford it, you can always use the same USB dongle as Logitech has used on its other wireless devices
- Excellent wireless performance.
- Powerful sensor.
- Strong body build.
- New wireless charging technology.
- Extortionate price.
Final words, the G903 is a fantastic wireless mmo mice in the market but in order to unlock its wondrous new features, you need to buy the new technology it offers separately which is the PowerPlay mat.
6. Logitech G900 – Alternative Wireless MMO Mouse
- Professional-grade Logitech G gaming mouse with ultra-fast lag-free wired or wireless connection trusted by professional eSports gamers
- Wireless rechargeable mouse with reliable battery life up to 30 hours on a single charge and exclusive battery-saving Clock Tuning Technology for the longest-lasting wireless gaming mouse under 110 grams
- PMW3366 Optical Gaming Sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy, widely accepted by pro gamers as the best gaming mouse sensor
- Adjustable 200-12,000 DPI range with zero smoothing or filtering for consistent responsiveness and control at any speed
- Customizable physical button layout and comfortable ambidextrous design for left or right hand and any mouse grip style
The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum has successfully become one of the most desired mmo mice all because of its wonderful wireless abilities and along other functional capabilities that has surely wowed everyone.
It is said that the G900 is one magnificent engineerial piece thanks to its beautiful and comfortable design; it fits almost any hand as it is small and light.
Aside from the basic thumb buttons, the G900 is graced with a left button, a right button, a scroll wheel that clicks three ways, and two dots-per-inch (DPI) sensitivity buttons which is found in the center.
You will also find a button to change the resistance of the scroll wheel as well as a button that changes the gaming profiles which sounds very helpful for gamers who play various games at once.
The G900’s wireless functionality is quite superb, it is almost flawless even in crowded wireless connections, it will still work just fine. You can also use the wired mode which has a cord that is about 6 feet long.
The only thing missing is a charging dock which is usually included with wireless mice.
As for the mouse charging, the G900 has a decent battery which could take up to about 2 hours of charging and in return can offer you with a number between 24 and 32 hours of battery life.
The Logitech Gaming Software is a great software, once installed it scans your pc for any installed games and sets up a profile for them by itself. You will also be able to play with the lighting settings as well as the buttons functionality.
- Superfine performance.
- Wired and wireless mmo gaming mouse.
- Excellent battery life.
- Awesome design.
- Comfortable to use.
- No charging dock.
- MMO gamers might prefer more buttons.
Final verdict, the Logitech G900 is one comfortable lightweight mmo mouse, it is packed with brilliant features especially being a double edged weapon as a wired and wireless device that works smoothly either way.
7. Razer Naga Chroma – Budget Wireless MMO Mouse
- The world's most precise gaming mouse sensor with 16,000 DPI.
- 19 Fully Programmable Buttons-Whether you're an MMO player or simply someone looking to expand their macro usage this mouse offers the freedom to program up to 19 buttons just the way you want.
- Chroma Lighting- 16.8 million color options ensure your Naga Chroma looks as good as it feels.Approximate size :4.68 in (Length) x2.95 in (Width) x 1.69 in (Height). Approximate weight: 135 g / 0.30 lbs with cable
- 12 Button Mechanical Thumb Grid-The Razer Naga's 12 button mechanical thumb grid gives gamers the tactile feel they have come to love in their keyboards, now in the palm of their hand..Improved Ergonomics-The Razer Naga Chroma features a one-size-fits-all ergonomic form factor to ensure your hand fits snugly for maximum comfort.
- Up to 210 inches per second / 50 G acceleration
A better and improved version, the Razer Naga Chroma has exceeded all expectations with its incredible upgrade, giving all the users a feature they never thought they needed as well as being the best wireless mmo mouse in the market.
The Naga Chroma is one enormous mouse however it is perfect for all palm grippers, it is an extremely comfortable mmo mouse despite its design as it is only suited for mmo gaming.
The Chroma is also adorned with several thumb buttons: 12 to be exact, and an overall number of 19 buttons which are: a right button, a left button, a scroll wheel that clicks three ways, two central buttons and the 12 thumb buttons.
The Naga Epic Chroma mmo gaming mouse uses the Razer Synapse 2.0 software it allows you to easy program the buttons to whatever commands you would like, and also control the colors of everything: wired or wireless modes, the scroll wheel and even the buttons.
The major upgrade from the Naga’s previous version is the wireless feature, it is as responsive as the wired mode and also functions well in long ranges that extends to about 10 feet which is technically the range of user sitting in front of a screen and so making this Naga Epic Chrome a good wireless mmo mouse for gaming.
- Wireless feature and great functionality.
- Perfectly designed for MMO usage.
- Simple software.
- Colorful customization choices.
- Comfortable to use.
- A bit expensive regarding its previous version.
- Not suitable for other genres.
On the whole matter, the Naga Epic Chroma is one of the best MMO mice and has definitely outpassed its predecessor with the wireless function which changed how some view the Naga Epic completely, and furthermore, the lighting settings and overall performance has left everyone reeling.
Above we have mentioned our best picks for the MMO mice, now it is time for us to lay down some important elements that you need to know in order to know how to pick the best gaming mouse.
Mouse Type: in the mouse gaming world, you will be faced with various sets of mouse and you need to differentiate between the types. Each type offers different features and is created for mostly a specific type of games:
- All-purpose mice are the most common kind of gaming mouse, they are the best when it comes to controlling.
- FPS mice are short for (First Person Shooters) it is perfect for gun games.
- MMO Mice are great for games that require complex multiple weapons, shortcuts, maps, etc.
- Customizable mice let players customize almost everything about them: size, palm rest, and buttons.
Grip Style: each mouse has its own grip form, make sure to find one that is comfortable with your hand, and make sure that it is made of good on-top materials so you will not get sweaty easily.
Wired or Wireless: this element is up to you and your preference, if you prefer to play for long hours then we recommend wired as the wireless mouses will require to be recharged, on the other hand, wireless mouses are great for couch playing.
Design: make sure to hold the mouse in your hand; size matters according to your hand size because some mouses might be bulky, others tend to be light and thin so get one that meets with your comfort level.
Price: just because it is expensive does not mean it is the best, make sure to read each product’s review and find out if its specifications meet with your needs and price range.
Other hardware to complete your gaming setup: