Your favorite racing game should always be immersive and intense, no matter what platform you’re playing on. That’s why choosing the best iRacing steering wheels and pedals is important if you are serious about getting the most out of your game.
Racing titles and the technology that powers them are becoming more and more powerful. It means we need to keep up with racing game-specific products, such as wheels and pedals for iRacing. Gaming is, after all, an all-consuming passion.
To help you enjoy the best racing game experience possible, we have rounded up the best iRacing steering wheels and pedals you should consider adding to your gaming set-up. This also includes an iRacing steering wheels mini-guide to help you get started.
- Are you a Project Cars superfan? Check out our guide to the best Project Cars steering wheels.
Let’s Take a Look at the Best iRacing Steering Wheels & Pedals
- Thrustmaster T150 & TH8A – Best wheel, pedals & gear set for iRacing.
- Logitech G920 – PS4 & Xbox One compatible wheels, pedals & gear set for iRacing.
- Thrustmaster T300RS – Best wheels & pedals for iRacing only.
- PXNV3II Racing Wheel – Best budget wheels & pedals for iRacing.
1. Thrustmaster T150 & TH8A – Best wheel, pedals & gear set for iRacing
- Official racing simulator for PS4 and Windows.
- 900 degree Force Feedback system: Mixed belt-pulley and gears system with metal ball-bearing axle.
- Comes along side with the T3PA 3-pedal pedal set: 100% metal pedals and internal structure. 3 fully adjustable pedals.
- Optimized clamping for any support surface
- 100% metal internal mechanism, metal gear stick and metal clamping system
The T150 is compatible with several systems, making it easier for you to use it. It is a popular fit for PC, PS5, and PS4. You get an optional break mode and clutch pedal too in order to have a more realistic experience!
Additionally, the product is easy to use and comes with a secure wheel clamp. The experience is so realistic that if you drive through gravel, you’ll feel the rough roadside. The force-feedback wheel simulates the road and resistance.
The pedals don’t fall short either. As soon as you step on the brakes, you will feel the bolts. If the height is an issue, you can adjust the plates for more space and height. All you have to do is bolt them in a different position – easy!
It is a great entry-level tool. But, it doesn’t offer a premium leather cover.
The T1560 doesn’t have a hard-mounting option, but that’s the catch that makes it cheaper than its competitors.
It has a fan to keep the belt drive at a low temperature. It turns on after 20 minutes of use, but the noise can be a bit distracting. However, without it, the device will become too hot to use.
- It comes with a conical brake mode.
- A cooling fan prevents overheating.
- It has strong wheel feedback.
- Comes with a secure wheel clamp.
- It is a multiplatform tool that works on Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- It has a unique design.
- The fan can be noisy and a distraction.
- There is no premium leather covering.
- It doesn’t have a hard-mounting option.
2. Logitech G920 – PS4 & Xbox One compatible wheels, pedals & gear set for iRacing
- Wheel: The definitive sim racing wheel for Xbox One: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Wheel: Responsive floor pedal unit: Accelerate, brake and change gears with the feel of an actual car
- Shifter: Six speed shifter and push down reverse: "H" pattern gear box for fast, smooth shifting
- Shifter: Compatible with Xbox One, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7, games that support Logitech force feedback racing wheel
Logitech’s set is engineered to provide a perfect driving experience. With 900-degree wheel rotation, it allows comfort at every stage!
The dual-motor provides force feedback to create a more immersive experience.
Precision force becomes a piece of cake with the steel paddles and the separate floor pedal unit helps you maintain grip as you race. The helical gearing allows a smooth and soundless operation, so don’t fear a noisy distraction any longer.
The best part is you can enjoy a fearless race because the gear will not shift in case of a tricky maneuver. The built-in clamps allow the wheel to stay in a stationary position, so you can truly enjoy your exhilarating ride.
The anti-backlash tension will keep the pedal and wheel tight which means you are in control and can experience the full effect of a race. The transition from one terrain to another is smooth. Drive the way you want to right from home.
The price tag is a little hefty and the brake pedal is a bit tough to tame. It requires a considerably high force and is stiff for the preference of many gamers. It is due to the thick rubber for resistance.
- It comes with amazing force feedback.
- The tool has an outstanding steer performance for gamers.
- There is an exceptional gear stick for comfortable driving.
- An impressive degree of rotation.
- High-quality leather covering for a comfortable experience.
- The console buttons and D-pad allow easy access to controls.
- Comes with a separate floor pedal unit.
- Compatible with PS5/PS4/PC.
- The pedal requires a lot of force and is very stiff.
- The button placements might not be ideal for all users.
- The price tag is a bit high for gamers.
3. Thrustmaster T300RS – Best wheels & pedals for iRacing only
- Gran Turismo and Playstation4 / Playstation3 officially licensed racing wheel.
- High-end racing simulator featuring 1080 Degree Force Feedback racing wheel industrial-class brushless motor Super smooth and seamless Force Feedback effect ultra-responsive
- Detachable Racing GT Style wheel: 11” / 28 centimeter diameter racing wheel featuring a brushed metal central spokes. Reinforced rubber texture on the wheel's entire circumference.
- GT EDITION PEDAL SET: 3 adjustable metal pedals included: Metal pedals, Accelerator and clutch pedals adjustable (height and spacing).
- Works with PS5 games
The Thrustmaster features a high-quality wheel. Unsurprisingly, it has caught the eye of many gaming enthusiasts looking for a PC, PS5, PS4 or PS3 compatible wheel for a long time. Besides, PS4 compatibility is a big plus!
The best part is that it comes completely packaged and covered box with instructions for gamers. Now players won’t have to waste their time figuring out the right way to use the wheel and pedal. Simple diagrams are there to make your life easier.
There is an internal power block and cables to make the connectivity easy for users. And guess what, the table mounting rig fixes the set in a position of your choice. You can enjoy your race with comfort and realistic sensations as well.
It’s a highly compatible set that works with almost all games. Now there are no limitations to stick to the Forza Motorsports series. Play whichever racing game you want. Bring the racer in you out and let it take charge of the track!
You will feel everything, whether it is your car drifting from one turn to another or the loss of grip that can lead to an accident. Everything is there to perfectly mimic the ride on the road from the comfort of your home.
- Supported by PS5/PS4/PC.
- It offers a detachable GT-style race wheel.
- There are three different adjustable pedals.
- It comes with a 1080 force feedback wheel.
- You can now have clear PS4 mappings.
- The pedals might be a bit problematic as they require force.
- Lacks the high-quality experience of metal pedals.
4. PXNV3II Racing Wheel – Best budget wheels & pedals for iRacing
- MULTI-PLATFORM STEERING WHEEL: Cross-platform gaming steering wheel, compatible with PS4, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, PS3, Xbox one/Xbox Series S&X, Nintendo Switch, PC(X-Input and D-input).
- SUPPORT ALMOST RACING GAMING: The gaming racing wheel works well with almost racing games, like Need for Speed, Forza Horizon, DiRT, GTA, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator.
- PROFESSIONAL PC STEERING WHEEL: Built-in double vibration motors. Intelligent dual cores, support X-input and D-input on PC, plug and play. Have 3 adjustable sensitivity levels for different gaming experience player, programmable buttons.
- EROGONOMICS DESIGN RACING: Grip with rubber texture coating, rubber grip provides anti-slip and better touch felling, big size pressure-sensitive pedals has gas and accelerate, two paddles have shifter function. Strong suction cups with U-type clamp, easy to fix on all desk and table.
- PRODUCT WARRANTY: The steering wheel will be tested one by one before shipping, and have 12 months warranty after shipping.
The device is not at all complicated and gamers can set it up without any problem. There are suction cups and a U-type clamp to keep it fixed place – it offers enough stability that you won’t have to worry about the device moving as you play.
The buttons on the wheel are accessible to the users without any complications. Now you do not have to move their fingers around to find the right buttons to drift your cars. They are all in one place to offer a seamless experience.
The wheel is decent enough to make sense of its price. The simulation pedal will offer you a good real-life racing experience without a hiccup. Additionally, independent hand breaks and gear shifts make your experience better and help you race.
If you buy it, keep in mind that it will only offer you a 180-degree steering power and that might be a drawback. Well, the real-life aspect of racing reduces if the wheel doesn’t rotate entirely like other advanced wheels.
Some users prefer a larger wheel and this comes in a slightly smaller size as compared to what’s out there. It will work with most of your devices and games despite the size and, is worth the price that you pay.
- The set offers a multiplatform wheel to gamers.
- It has a professional PC/PS5 steering wheel, offering built-in vibration motors.
- There are dual cores and three various adjustable sensitivity levels.
- Is easy to set up.
- Provides a real-life racing experience.
- Comes with a clamp to fix it in position.
- The wheel only rotates 180-degrees.
- There might be problems while connecting it to an Xbox.
- Slightly small compared to other advanced tools.
- There is an occasional click sound that the pedal makes when force is applied.